Help me out good sir's.

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Daedalus Frost
Hatchling

Help me out good sir's.

Post by Daedalus Frost »

I know this problem has been frequent in the past if it has been solved I apologize I spent alot of time searching to no avail for a solution. Im running Vista64x on a 780i SLi Nvidia motherboard using the built in sound. The game has music but no menu sounds as well as no game sound effects\voices. Music works fine. Iv already done all trouble shooting advice I could find (Disabling sound options, Compatibilty modes, Re-install with spaceless directory..) It's in developer mode with the 445 patch installed. Been looking for this game since I was a kid pls help just want to play.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Help me out good sir's.

Post by Arokhs Twin »

What audio chipset is it? Some Nvidia boards have a seperate chip for sound e.g Realtek. This problem was resolved in Windows 2000 and XP by disabling hardware acceleration on the sound card but for Vista/7/8 it was changed and there is no longer this option. I guess you have already tried the latest Nvidia chipset drivers.

Also are you using the analog jacks to connect to your speakers or are you using audio over HDMI? My other PC which has an Nvidia Nforce 7 series chipset refuses to work over HDMI but fine on analog.

I have built in sound on my main PC which is an AMD system using a VIA audio chip. That does not work well with some games - surround sound effects come from the wrong speakers and volume / balance issues. I solved my problem by fitting a cheap creative labs sound card and disabling onboard audio. This may be an overkill but it sounds like Drakan (which has numerous problems with sound) does not work well with your card or its a driver issue. If you have already tried the sound options then I don't know what to suggest at the moment.

You could try the 10th anniversary patch which has been re-written to use Direct X 9 rather than the original Direct X 6 of the original game.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair