Right, forgot to rename it when I uploaded it to Google Drive. It's supposed to be 2.46. Renamed it now. With Google, the name of the file as it appears is independent of the name of the file you upload from your hard drive, unless you don't use versioning feature to keep the same link. If the ReadMe is 24.12.2016, that's how you know you got the latest one.
ReadMe also has the list of known issues now as well so they're written at two places. Interestingly, the CPU usage fix for the editor's 3D engine doesn't work universally. It crashes on Windows 2000. I tested it on Windows 10, XP and 2000 as I don't have anything in between installed anywhere right now, I assume it works on those systems. The technique I use quite simple though so it's surprising it breaks on 2000 in particular.
It's contained in Editor folder in dinput.dll and can be simply be deleted if it doesn't work, but it's nice if it does as it's not really normal thing these days to see application utilizing entire CPU core not doing anything. It's really the only fix that can be buggy. And while it's true that if any, probably very few people would need everything to run properly on very old systems, it's still interesting from technical standpoint.
Other than that, I wish I knew what's the deal with texture previews not rendering correctly when Desktop Window Manager is active when it comes to larger textures. I tried it few months back on Windows NT for laughs (yes, the NT version of Windows 95) and the bug shows there as well. And 'ol NT doesn't even have DWM! There is some trigger on Vista/7 that turns DWM off when the editor is started on those systems so the bug doesn't show there. And it's possible to force it off on Windows 8, though there right portion of the screen may turn black if you do. And on 10, everything goes black if you try.
But it's a workaround, not a fix, so...