Upon starting drakan.exe, it tries to go fullscreen (as it should), but after 2-3 seconds an error message appears: "The procedure entry point DirectInputCreateW could not be found in the dynamic link library DINPUT.dll".
Then it starts up anyway - but instead of fullscreen, only a tiny game window opens; roughly the size of a matchbox on a 24" screen. I have to press F4 a few times to cycle the fullscreen; oddly, sometimes this makes the "black menu background bug" reappear - but F4-ing a few more times makes it go away.
After that, everything seems to work OK, though. Including the gamepad, oddly enough!
Before I enabled the gamepad support, everything was working perfectly fine.
Relevant system configuration:
- AMD 8-core CPU, 2x R7 260x GPU (CrossFire disabled), 32GB RAM,
- Win7 SP1 x64,
- Using UCyborg's latest OOTF repack + dgVoodoo (no 10th Mod),
- Logitech F710 gamepad (set to DirectInput mode).
I did, however, manage to narrow it down as being somehow related to dgVoodoo: deleting the 3 dgVoodoo DLL's and running OOTF that way doesn't cause any errors.
A few extra details:
- The gamepad was hooked up long before OOTF had ever been run on this computer.
- When I first enabled gamepad support in OOTF, there were no errors - but the gamepad didn't seem to work, either.
- I then alt-tabbed to the Logitech app - which confirmed that the gamepad is, in fact, fully active and working properly. Still, OOTF wouldn't yet accept any gamepad input at that point.
- Then I quit and restarted OOTF, and the above happened.
- Rebooting the OS does nothing.
- Strangely, the error persists even after disabling gamepad support in OOTF!
- However, disconnecting the gamepad makes the error not happen.
- Switching it to XInput mode (not recognized by older games) works just as well as physically disconnecting it.