Drakan multiplayer servers

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Drakan multiplayer servers

Post by Arokhs Twin »

In reference to this previous topic http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=3721 I have tried the new patch by Ucyborg going back to the standard 445 build of the game rather than the 10th anniversary patch. The patch seems to be working & fixed the session creation failed error, I just need some players to test it. Note however my server isn't running 24/7.

IP address is 212.168.37.181

Hamachi client (see referenced post) will be tested also.

There's also another Drakan server which was full time but at this moment in time does not appear to be running. It may have just crashed but it's IP is 213.21.5.131 if you want to try it out.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan multiplayer servers

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Update to this -

Multiplayer finally works and is stable on Windows Vista / 7. You need to install the 10th Anniversary patch to resolve crashing BUT you must follow ucyborg's post and pay attention to the part where you have to back up drakan.exe and dragon.rfl. If you have done this correctly you should be able to play on the servers without crashing and / or disconnects.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Along time ago, we used win98 with hosting a dedicated server.

We put a DOS script within the startup folder, and it would start the server, and whenever it crashed, it would reboot it!

I noticed today that the server crashed, and of course it does not reload. Even server 2000, we could do this.

Unfortunately, I don't remember

Can anyone else, think of how the scripting was worded? and I wonder if it will work in win7! 8)

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Try this:

Code: Select all

@echo off
:Start
Drakan.exe -dedicated -levellist "whatever"
goto Start
Also, you need to open Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting and set DontShowUI value to 1. This will surpress the crash dialog which will alllow the script to restart the server since the game process doesn't close until you manually close that dialog.
Last edited by UCyborg on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Registery for error reporting was nice TY.

Cant seem to get a server to boot from the script, just the game; as soon as you change the parameters it wont load properly.

Will keep trying. 8)

AXE
Dragon

Re: Connecting Issue

Post by AXE »

Recently TheSaint, joined the Hamachi server and left a message to me. TY

His issue was still the 30 sec drop off ,again. What I saw from the Drakan server, was "has left the game" This when testing was the issue when not all files were the same.

He also mentioned he tested a server, but it was not visible; as he has a dynamic ip. You should make a Hamachi network, and try through the Hamachi client to join friends together.

On a side note, have heard that Logmein is now charging for there services, but at this time have not seen it affect Hamachi! 8)