patch .445 Target directory in blank, error -145

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
spark_23

patch .445 Target directory in blank, error -145

Post by spark_23 »

I have the spanish version, i finded patch here http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/1336
I unzip the patch where is the game in E:\Program Files (x86)\Psygnosis\Drakan\Drakan, and after start setup (apply admin rights & w98 compatibility mode). when i see the target directory in setup this is in blank,

if I do click in next installation start with this error:

Code: Select all

Error during file transfer: -145
Component: drakan patch file
File group: drakan patch file
File:

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: patch .445 Target directory in blank, error -145

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Sounds like a bad / corrupt file. Is there another web site it can be downloaded from? I did a google search but not much came up I tried a few links but they were dead.

It could be file permissions issue - you could try unzipping the file to a temp folder in your documents folder and see if that works.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

spark_23

Post by spark_23 »

In this directory C:\Users\Public\Downloads\drak445s say me next error:

Code: Select all

you cant the fix of drakan of cause the next errors:
1.you dont have the error correction (i think that is a bad translation to spanish, and in reality is the word: "patch") corresponding to you lenguage
2.drakan not is install.
3.your installation of drakan its defective.
Only when i install in same directory of game say me the first post error.

spark_23

Post by spark_23 »

There are any way that install drakan gold 2014 and after change the lenguage?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The error you are getting is basically because the patch is expecting a certain version of the game and the game files are different to the expected version. This can happen for a number of reasons but not limited to; wrong language patch and / or game, game files have been modified / cracked e.g a pirated version, the multiplayer component is not installed, the game is a promo copy and not OEM or retail etc.

The game files can become modified if you have installed any 3rd party levels or mods in the past. Drakan is also known just to mess up.

I assume you have tried a uninstall and full re-install and are using a retail copy of the game or one that came bundled with some hardware?

As for the Drakan Gold patch I'm not sure, Axe might be able to help with that.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Drakan Gold 2014, that is a good question, if you are able to change the language after the install. Unfortunately No, Most games load a language pack folder, which enable players to change the settings. Looking at the cfg file, there is no way to bypass, the install of English, to Spanish etc. Also the files needed for Spanish would not have been installed.

That said, I would make sure your original disc is a full version, should be close to 700mb in size, if not then its a demo, or knockoff.

The issue is a corrupt install from the start otherwise the patch would install, by showing a directory too, in your picture.

Unfortunately all the versions I see for download are English!