Drakan No Sound Effect

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Soundwave
Hatchling

Drakan No Sound Effect

Post by Soundwave »

Hi i just got back Drakan i was missing the game

i just instaled it on my new pc and when i started the game it was working (Dev Mode) with Window 7

but....

in the start of the game in the intro.... i was earing the music but there was no sound at all !

no sound effect.... i was not able to ear the people talk..... and there was just no sound :(

how can i fixe this ?

where i can get the sound file ?

i would realy love to play this game again but with no sound at all it not the same :(

Tx for the help

(and yes i have checked the option music and volume and nothing work still)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan No Sound Effect

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there it probably won't be a missing file - it may be a sound effect option that is on e.g 3D sound effects such as EAX and A3D don't work on Windows 7 so if any are on you will have to turn them off.

Drakan does not work well with certain sound cards - try it with and without 3D sound buffers enabled and see if that works.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Soundwave
Hatchling

Post by Soundwave »

Hi tx for the reply

i have turn everything off in the sound place in the Dev mode

and still it not working :(

maybe my Drakan version is not good ? i dont know what is the probleme :(

do you know a place i could get a version that would work with window 7 ?

or a way to make my sound effect work with the version i have right now :(

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Do you have the English version of the game and is it a retail disk not a promo or bundled disk?
What sound chipset or sound card do you have?

You could try install of the directx9 dll files http://www.arokhslair.net/downloads/dx9dll.zip - be sure to read the instructions in the readme file or it could cause further problems.

Soundwave
Hatchling

Post by Soundwave »

I tryed to extract the file in Drakan but when i do they say error acces denied i dont know why they say that humm

that the only version of Drakan i have found

http://www.gameswin.org/gameen.php?id=1296

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

That's a pirated game, so it could be incomplete or have some files altered & that's probably why it doesn't work. We can't offer support on pirated versions of the game - you will have to buy a genuine copy from ebay etc.

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

If anyone encounters this problem, IndirectSound is worth a shot. Or any software solution that comes with certain sound cards and claims to be able to restore 3D sound/EAX in older games.

IndirectSound is the only thing available freely AFAIK and doesn't implement EAX (it's on TODO list). In most cases, it shouldn't be needed; the cause of this particular problem is unknown.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe