Progress and Healing ?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
SwiftNic
Hatchling

Progress and Healing ?

Post by SwiftNic »

Okay, I've been playing for a while now, cleared out the Spider Mine, lost my best weapons, earned the Earth Rune, found a bow and a chainmail bikini.
Rynn and Arokh are back in the air together but fairly low on health.
Do they recover health by resting, or can they only heal by consuming health or life potions ?

Do we gain more health/ hit points with experience ?

Does Rynn's new chainmail bikini help protect Arokh too ?

ps. Also killed my first flyer, not sure what it was as I caught some ack-ack right after downing it in the river.
Who gave the Wartok's anti Dragon artillery ? it's almost as if they were expecting us!

Regards,

SwiftNic

http://chrisnicolegames.blogspot.co.uk/

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Progress and Healing ?

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi, Rynn and Arokh only heal by potions or healing 'blobs' sometimes left after killing an airbourne enemy. Rynn's soul is tied to Arokh so whenever he or she heals it heals them both. Armor only protects Rynn and not Arokh.

Yeah those anti dragon cannons are a pain - strafing helps to avoid them and take them out one at a time.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

You can use helicopter or strafe tactics on other dragons and artillery. Most times you can go backwards as fast as the other dragons attack. Your breath weapon usually has a longer range so you can soften them up a bit before you attack. The best attack and defense is a circle strafe for both air and ground with Rynn. Sometimes I'll walk the paths with Arokh and use the secondary breath weapon to cook up some toasted gibs just for fun too.

Practice a circle strafe with Rynn by circling a tree and keep hitting it with Altimar's Blade. When you get good going clockwise, reverse direction. By adding in the forward and back motion you can learn to spiral in and out get some good side and back hits for more damage. Add in the up and down and you can cut some nice corkscrews in the sky.

SwiftNic
Hatchling

Post by SwiftNic »

Thanks for the advice Guys.
Whilst it is fun playing the game, it's really great that there is still a community to support and discuss it.

I dare say I will have further queries as I get further on.

Regards,

Nic

Ginko
Whelp

Post by Ginko »

Good thing this forum survived for so long, right? :D
Have fun playing Drakan!
shoprat wrote:The best attack and defense is a circle strafe for both air and ground with Rynn.
So true. And that made the game quite hard to play back in the days, when I only had a gamepad with a directional pad and no joysticks. Replaying it nowadays using a pad with 2 joysticks make things soooo much easier.
shoprat wrote:Sometimes I'll walk the paths with Arokh and use the secondary breath weapon to cook up some toasted gibs just for fun too.
Burning things with Arokh is almost half the fun of this game haha :twisted:
El Psy Congroo

shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

Ginko wrote: Replaying it nowadays using a pad with 2 joysticks make things soooo much easier.
I use the directional buttons and a trackball to circle strafe. I tried it once with a dual joystick gamepad but I'm more deadly with a trackball. It took a learning curve when I was forced to adapt to a gamepad when I got Drakan 2 for the PS2.

When you're on the ground and Arokh's breath weapon is empty you can still do damage with a bite attack and have a taste of crispy critters too. :)

SwiftNic
Hatchling

Post by SwiftNic »

Strange to say, but I have only just found Arokh's Flame Thrower secondary attack, (Middle mouse button).
This makes a lot of difference. No more taking pot shots with the flaming spitball, now we're cooking with Diesel!

Flame On!

SwiftNic