No mucis under WINE (Debian) possible?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
rookiedoo
Hatchling

No mucis under WINE (Debian) possible?

Post by rookiedoo »

Hi,

I could install Drakan under Debian 9.1 with wine-1.8.7 but I have to disable music sound to start the game ( https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=32148 ).

Is there any workaround to get ingame music?

thx
rkd

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: No mucis under WINE (Debian) possible?

Post by UCyborg »

You need to install native DirectMusic DLLs with winetricks. Assuming you have winetricks installed, open the terminal and run: winetricks directmusic
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: No mucis under WINE (Debian) possible?

Post by UCyborg »

One thing worth mentioning here, installing DirectMusic DLLs with winetricks also overrides the DirectSound and some other DLLs, which is not what you want for Drakan. With Windows' native dsound.dll, there is a bit of sound lag compared to using WINE's own dsound.dll. These are the needed DirectMusic DLL overrides that should be set to "native" in winecfg:

• *dmband
  • *dmime
  • *dmloader
  • *dmstyle
  • *dmsynth
  • *dmusic
The rest of DLLs that get added by installing DirectMusic can be set to builtin.

Too bad the rendering is so slow, the best performance I managed to get was constant 30 FPS with fog distance/depth set to 100%. The frame limiter built into the latest version of Drakan AiO Patch helps with consistency, so at least you don't get crazy frame drops if you must suffer through the game with WINE.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe