New ending

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ASSASSIN
Dragon

New ending

Post by ASSASSIN »

I ask it here also. Is anyone interested in a new ending for Drakan (made by me)[?]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Personally, I think there wouldn't be much point. Besides Drakan: TAG there are tons of levels and fan fictions that all contradict each other and one more 'version' of Drakan 2 is not really needed. You could make it tie in with the official D: TAG storyline though.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

I am not talking of an add-on map, but a new cutscene to replace the old one which Surreal made (which many ppl dislike).

nubby
Whelp

Post by nubby »

After Delon falls down the hole, let Rynn fall after him and let her confront Navaros as some great, hideous beast, but that would require making a whole new character, wouldn't it?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Actually, that would be possible.... and likely to happen :)
I was thinking of that. And there will be some cutscene after it also...

LightBlade
Whelp

Post by LightBlade »

Good idea.. I've seen nothing but great levels from you.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

jacksplat
Hatchling

Post by jacksplat »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ASSASSIN</i>

I ask it here also. Is anyone interested in a new ending for Drakan (made by me)[?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'd love to know whenever its made. Perhaps Rynn's brother doesn't fall, and the picture of the idiot who made the Flame ending appears, and you slice him into little pieces. Or even and ending where the bad guy dies and then the game exits would be better.

Did Surreal ever issue an apology or something for such a completely and utterly stupid ending? I replayed on hard, killed the guy fast, spent tons of time trying to see what I did wrong to deserve such a horrible anti-ending. Arrg.

Ya, and to top it off, they decide to make the sequel for PS2 for some reason. Sales is the only thing I can think of. I sure wish they'd apologize or something....

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well, it is done and up for a while. Look around on Planetdrakan:
http://www.planetdrakan.com/levels or here on Arokh's Lair (uh, I dunno the link for here, sorry :( )

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Did Surreal ever issue an apology or something for such a completely and utterly stupid ending? I replayed on hard, killed the guy fast, spent tons of time trying to see what I did wrong to deserve such a horrible anti-ending. Arrg.

Ya, and to top it off, they decide to make the sequel for PS2 for some reason. Sales is the only thing I can think of. I sure wish they'd apologize or something....

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Welcome to the forums! Yeah, Surreal did say why the ending was so crappy; it was due to the planned ending level not being finished when the deadline came. So, instead they ditched it and threw something together in a very short time which of course the end result went into the final game. Also at that point, Sony had not bought Psygnosis and Surreal had already started work on the sequel (for the PC) but as you know it was cancelled when Psygnosis was bought out including all their game rights. Surreal obviously thought 'that will do, as we are making a sequel anyway'

Now, its up to Sony as to whether they will let Surreal make a PC version (which I doubt will happen)

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

Still hoping? Fear not, it will appear on the PC... on an emu.