Server questions

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ASSASSIN
Dragon

Server questions

Post by ASSASSIN »

Sorry if this question may seem to be silly... what kind of connection is good enough for a server-starting?

I mean, which is the minimum? 33,6kbps? 56kpbs? ISDN?

BTW - what commands are avaliabe for the server console??

Dobos "Assassin" Andras

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

To be honest I don't know. I joined multiplayer when I got cable. When I set up my server, I use the DDStarter from PlanetDrakan downloads, I have not gotten the server info file to actually work yet, showing my e-mail etc.

I have run the server on my AMD 450, and we have experienced lag, but not alot, enough that it should be limited to 4 players.

I have run it with my Athlon 1.33, and did not see any lag. Problem being I want to play with the better pc, thats why I got it. But then everyone else has lag, the other servers lag so the faster pc does not make any difference.

I have seen that the other servers run with 33 and 56 k settings. My latest problem is getting it to run ALL THE TIME each time I start it, within a firewall. Sometimes its visable most times not. Yet I do not like running for long without the firewall.

Thats about all I know, hope it helps out.

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

first and general you need symmethrical and fast internet connection ... 128 kilobit per second is good for start server for 4 players ... as about server console commands - pls read readme.txt and readme_patch.txt in your \Drakan folder ... it is written in good english and i hope enough easy for you to read first ... if you have any more questions after reading - ask here ... server's 'power' does not mean anything (almost) ... one of my servers for 6 and more players was only iP100 with 32 RAM and work good with server's window minimized (about 3..5 % CPU loading !)...