Storyline??

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
ASSASSIN
Dragon

Storyline??

Post by ASSASSIN »

I would only like to ask one thing.

Will there be somekind of storyline in DO:TQ?? OK, I know that players will write the future of that world... but will there be (accidental) events? I mean, like in Ultima Online: time by time something unsuspected happens (like an Undead invasion, for example. Here could wartok invasion, or things like that). Or will there be so-called "storytellers", like in Vampire? Oh, and one thing. Will it work with a 33.6kbps connection??

Dobos "Assassin" Andras

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I put up some info on Drakan Online: TQ on the main site page if you want to take a look. Here's what I put:-

Drakan online will be a massive, persistent online multiplayer role playing game based on the world of Drakan. Its similar to Everquest in terms of gameplay but not on that sort of huge scale, nevertheless will be a big game that will provide many hours of entertainment. Like I mentioned above, it is based in the world of Drakan but it hasn't got any connection with the PC and PSX2 games and their storylines. If you wanted to put the game on the timeline so to speak, I guess you could say that it is set a few tens of years before Rynn's adventures.

Most of the gameplay will be ground, there are dragons in the game but they aren't many and they usually belong to the rich and famous to serve as pets. I remember reading somewhere that it is possible for you to get a dragon and fly it but you will have to work your way up the DOTQ ladder first.

The mod is still in development and many things may change yet and there is no expected release date yet. The mod will also be free to download of the 'net and you will more than likely need a copy of PC Drakan to be able to play it. CDROM versions may be available in limited numbers for people with slow and unreliable internet connections but this hasn't been decided yet.

In the meantime, check out the DO: TQ official site at www.surreal-news.com/dotq and the forum which have all the latest up to date information on this great looking mod.

Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Edited by - Arokhs Twin on 16 Dec 2001 12:38:57