question from the neighbouring side

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
IronLord
Whelp

question from the neighbouring side

Post by IronLord »

I cant see if the Drakan fans are also active in the Blade forum and the other way round (I am from the Blade side and haven't been here ever before...)
Since Adrian's site is partially devoted to Blade, then Drakan cannot be that bad (and Drakan fans should think the same?)
Could you Drakanians please show me some links to screenshots of Drakan?
Here are some pics from my BLADE mod and map:

It's ok. I found some Drakan pics myself.
This is only meant as a friendly(!!!) challenge: Blade is the best[:D] hack-and-slay (not stupid only-key-clicking, you must fight with courage and brain) ever and it indeed has the best combat system I have ever experienced (it may not be perfect, but it is the best, oh yeah trust me)! And it is so great to mod and custom-map it (meanwhile I completely live in sectors, entities and functions[:D])

nubby
Whelp

Post by nubby »

Beautiful shots!

I'm partial to Drakan, but I have BOD, too. I think the graphics in BOD are better, but I'm just the opposite as far as combat control is concerned. Drakan's is better. Also, the load times in BOD are so long and there's no quick save.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

This site is mainly a Drakan fan site and there are a few screenshots plus a lot more such as fan fiction etc on the site. Just click on home at the top of every forum page or go to www.arokhslair.net

IronLord
Whelp

Post by IronLord »

I stick with BOD having the best combat system ever (I mean close combat). And the bow-stuff is very cool, too. Only experience helps you. Meanwhile I can hit an enemy with an arrow (1st or 2nd shot!) even when his icon is not to be seen yet (NOT using that damn cheat that distorts the nice realistic arrow ballistics!)
Indeed, BOD has the better graphics (and soundtracks).
BOD is great to mod.
With 512 MB RAM the loading/saving times are very short (max 10 sec).
Playing BOD, you don't save [:D][:D] (no quicksave/load needed [:D])

But thanks for "liking" my shots.

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

i do not like BoD combat system - it is stupid long-time attacks animations... i like Drakan's type of combat control with much faster reaction on events around you in real (MP) combat...

also about screenshots - it uses very low resolution textures (rendered in terragen as i ses) for 'skybox' model surrounding level's geometry ...

you may try to look at another example of such technology with more detailed textures in a mod of 'Sparring Partners' level : ftp://files.drakan.ru/pub/SP_HRSky.rar - it has about 1024 pixels on a 'side of a box' model and looks enough even for 1280*1024 gameplay resolution at todays fast video cards...

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Talking about MODs and maps - I made some neat maps for a Drakan, and a MOD which TOTALLY redesigned the gameplay and the game itself. :)))) hehe

Rampage
Dragon

Post by Rampage »

@Drakon Rider,ai ne rugai Blade:)

Migwell
Hatchling

Post by Migwell »

Say, Iron Pants, Arokh's Lair is kind enough to host the equally avid Blade of Darkness community and I see no reason to be making comparisons and boasts about one game or the other here. I have played and enjoyed both of these games and found lots of great help, mods and support on both sets of forums (including your own great BoD mods), but the 2 games are quite different in their tone and gameplay. I played Drakan with my kids around and they loved it, especially Arokh, but BoD is really too gory for the young ones, and it is probably too demanding for a more casual gamer who can enjoy the lighter toned Drakan. More power to both communities!

Snotmaw
Dragon

Post by Snotmaw »

blade of darkness lokks cool but i don't have it and i only post on drakan spots