playstation vs windows

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, yangez93

De Profundis
Dragon

Postby De Profundis » Fri May 09, 2008 2:27 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Claxon</i>

I doubt the upgraded ps3 will be cheaper to buy than getting both a standard ps3 & a separate ps2 (and with an actual PS2 you don't have to suffer an emulated version).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I thout about that when buying my ps3 and to buy a cheaper 40 gig and new ps2 (since my old one finally about had it) cost me almost exactly the same as buying an 80 gig.

De Profundis
Dragon

Postby De Profundis » Fri May 09, 2008 2:29 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bodfan</i>

I looked around and found that Dell's PS2 silver ( 2 lbs ) for 129.99 is pretty good deal. Amazon offers 2 PS2 silvers: the first one ( 3.9lbs ) for 129.99 and the second one (2lbs) for 174.99.

174.99????
Brand new (2008 models) are going for 99 dollars in stores.

bodfan
Dragon

Postby bodfan » Fri May 09, 2008 6:20 pm

Here is another question I want to know before I make a final decision. Some people wrote that a PS2 console can be ruined by misreading a game disc; is this a serious problem?

De Profundis
Dragon

Postby De Profundis » Sat May 10, 2008 10:48 am

I had my ps2 for about 6 years before I EVER got a disc read error. And it still works fine.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Postby Outlaw Wyvern » Sat May 10, 2008 5:05 pm

De Pro, now that Surreal-News has slipped below into the briny depths, I miss you. Please post here more often.
Wish DragonTears, JAM, and anyone else from Surreal would migrate over here.
I've always been glad Arokh's Twin and AXE can always be found here.

(AT, you RULE like mad, bro... THANK YOU for this site... thank you...)

To topic:

I ran my first PS2 into the ground... 30 hour marathons and leaving it on pause while I went to bed or to work if I was in an RPG and far from a save... anyway, when I started getting disc read errors after a few years, I helped it along by cleaning and tweaking the inside. (I learned how to do that from a diagram online... easy!) That gave it a few more months. By the end, the only game it would ever load was my favorite.
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates.

How awesomely lucky for me!!!

Claxon
Whelp

Postby Claxon » Mon May 12, 2008 12:03 am

It probably wasn't even reading from the disc... Instead it just thought "Oh this again!" and loaded from memory. ;)

De Profundis
Dragon

Postby De Profundis » Wed May 14, 2008 8:38 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Outlaw Wyvern</i>

De Pro, now that Surreal-News has slipped below into the briny depths, I miss you. Please post here more often.

I will. I'd actually forgotten about this place for a short while until YOU mentioned it on GameFAQs and I thought to myself, "What on earth is wrong with me???"

Thanks for that. I hope the others migrate as well.

As for bodfan, modern computers that have what you need for gaming are only more expensive than PS3 because of the upkeep, but updating has been getting cheaper in the last couple of years and hopefuly continues ot do so, because upkeep was really my only reason for falling out of grace with PC gaming.

You can get an Xbox cheaper than any PS3 if you buy the lower models, and I can only say which one you get should only be determined by your personal taste in games (exclusives) because for the most part, there aren't many differences, unless high def is really important to you.

Ninendo Wii... I can't say anything. Try it at least. I personally don't like it at all, but many would disagree.

Oh yes! Another little fact that I discovered today in regards to PC gaming. Sony has gone back to producing and publishing PC titles. I imagine this would frustrate many fans of the original Drakan, seeing as how they're doing it NOW and not THEN.

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”