Evolution

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, yangez93

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

Evolution

Postby TheImmortalDragon » Sat May 17, 2008 6:45 pm

I am sorry to bring these news but if drakan fans aren't going to do something Drakan will be lost to the endless chanells of time(or something like that) because:

-I don't se any drakan like game coming soon,or any dragon game at all!!(if you know one that is gonna launch or a existing one please tell me)
-I don't think that someone will buy the Drakan license because i don;y know if any game developer know of drakan anymore (again if someone know that a game developer is iterested please tell me)
Posibble solutions:
-They may sell the Drakan franchise to a very new gaeme developer and they will make a great game that will bring sequels
-Or someone should convince a game developer to buy Drakan

I don't see any other choises

buckmana
Dragon

Postby buckmana » Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I thought it was actually going to continue after number 2.

It's a pity it didn't.

I've tried a couple of other dragon games and none of them are even on the same level as Drakan.

The first one was Eragon. That was <expletive!>

The next one was Drakengard. <font color="red">Copyright infringement right there!</font id="red">

And people rave on about Drakengard, while Drakan is almost forgotten.

<font color="purple">Drakengard just seems weird to me. The characters are borderline evil and the dragon is creepy to look at. She's not as appealing to look at as Arokh (or Saphira).</font id="purple">
<font color="limegreen">Plus, she's an evil dragon (at least in body). I came across an obscure bit of information that says you can tell the morality of a dragon by counting the limbs (not including the wings). A human (or good) dragon will have four limbs (two legs and two arms, which also serve as front legs). A savage/animalistic dragon (or evil) will have two limbs (legs).</font id="limegreen">
<font color="blue">Now, while this serves as a generic guide, all it really does is seperate the human dragons from the animal dragons. A human dragon could possibly choose the path of evil. But a dragon that strayed from the path would most likely be slain by his or her noble brothers and sisters.</font id="blue">
<font color="red">Drakan seems to know this, because most of the enemy dragons in the game are the two limbed version.</font id="red">

So, there will never be another dragon game to equal or (even more unlikely) surpass Drakan.

Drakan is one of my two favorite games.
<font color="blue">These are games where I get really involved in the story, play it over and over again to look at the scenery, etc. And I become attached to the leading characters.</font id="blue">
<font color="brown">In case you were wondering, the other one is Tomb Raider.</font id="brown">

De Profundis
Dragon

Postby De Profundis » Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 pm

I think mods and fan sequals are the only thing that could be done about it at this point, and I've been working on something myself, but it takes a long time to do it when you have little time to actually work on it.

buckmana
Dragon

Postby buckmana » Sun May 18, 2008 12:08 am

Oh, I want to do that!

But rendering and export/import problems prevent me from doing so.

I can't see the levels in the preview windows or mod the objects in the game.

Which is a shame, because I have a really great idea I want to make!

Claxon
Whelp

Postby Claxon » Wed May 28, 2008 10:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
-I don't think that someone will buy the Drakan license because i don;y know if any game developer know of drakan anymore<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I know of it. You can bet others do too, but as I've said before, the most likely thing to happen would be for Devs to make their own brand of dragon game.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Postby Outlaw Wyvern » Thu May 29, 2008 4:30 am

In the same way that I'd like to see Buckaroo Banzai as a many-volumed series because of all the coolness it contains, Drakan has a legendary balance of story, gameplay and art elements... plus cool, endearing characters, and just based on that, it deserves continuance.

Obviously, it never will be continued, but it IS fixed in history.

buckmana
Dragon

Postby buckmana » Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 am

I don't understand why, as great as Drakan is, it was dropped for more meaningless games.

Maybe people lost attention spans or something......

AXE
Dragon

Postby AXE » Thu May 29, 2008 11:58 am

I dont see why they cant resurect the idea, without getting into copyright infringement problems. If they can run a game on a server with 64 or more players online, with helio and jets, mounted by players, tanks and vehichles, then why not multiple dragons etc! Someone must see the possabilities!!!!

buckmana
Dragon

Postby buckmana » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:59 am

That was one of the fun ideas I had!

Even though I have no way of doing it (it's most likely impossible), this is what I had in mind:

I was going to make a level called Dragon Keep.

It was going to be a kind of fortress for dragon riders.

The list of Riders and bonded Dragons(so far) is:

Rynn and Arokh.
Eragon and Saphira.
Drake and Josh.

If Arya gets her green dragon, she was going to be added to that list.
Not sure if Murtaugh and Thorn are worthy of membership.

What I was going to have happen was you chose your Rider and Dragon and would spawn in their suite of rooms.

So, if you chose Rynn and Arokh, you would appear in their room.

Mind you, it would not be a building as we understand it.

Since dragons prefer caves to live in, the fortress would actually be carved out of a mountain.

The tower would be the most like the buildings we know, with the offices, stables and so on that most castles have.

But the Riders and their dragons would live in rooms carved out from under the tower, deep underground.

The rooms would be big enough to accomodate the bed for both the Rider and dragon.

There would also be a "volcano" vent nearby where the dragons left the mountain cave system to fly away.

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”