Greetings! :)

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Mechanist, Arokhs Twin, yangez93

Dark Rynn
Hatchling

Greetings! :)

Postby Dark Rynn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Hey, people.. I haven't been on this forum much, but I'm back nevertheless...

The real question I have is about multiplayer on Drakan. I once had this friend, and if memory serves his name was along the lines of peter-bg, and he was the one who helped me fix up my computer so that I could join a multiplayer game without getting thrown out of the game every 30 seconds...

But now it's been a very long time since I last played on multiplayer [due to school and other activities], but now that I have the time I can't seem to remember anything, and he's not on skype..

I even put some servers into the Join Game thingy, but it's like the game doesn't recognize them or something [only showing me the numbers and nothing else].

Do I need any program to do this? Or to register somewhere? Please help!

Thank you for your time. :D
Succubi are beautiful, demonic creatures that seduce males to get their meals... The Queen has to be the most beautiful, right?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings! :)

Postby Arokhs Twin » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi there. The game has lots of issues with multiplayer on Vista and Windows 7. I was unable to get multiplayer to work at all on my system no matter what I did until I used the 10th anniversary patch but I was still getting frequent disconnects. I can confirm that with the 10th Anniversary patch and the Drakan AIO patch it does work properly without 30 second disconnects. This is on Windows 7 64 bit.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Dark Rynn
Hatchling

Postby Dark Rynn » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Thank you for the help, but the thing is that I'm on Windows XP .. :) And the 10th Anniversary patch is really amazing, but when I click the LAUNCH DRAKAN! button, a black screen appears with a message that says that the game has stopped working...

... And I think I have far more questions than I intended to.. My apologies if that's bothering you..
Succubi are beautiful, demonic creatures that seduce males to get their meals... The Queen has to be the most beautiful, right?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Postby Arokhs Twin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:08 pm

engine.exe has stopped working just means the game has crashed. Does it just do this with the 10th anniversary patch? Try just Ucyborg's AIO patch on the retail build and if you can get the crash report from your system event log and post it in the 10th anniversary forum someone from the dev team will be able to take a look.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”