Whats News With Youz!

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Mechanist, Arokhs Twin, yangez93

AXE
Dragon

Whats News With Youz!

Postby AXE » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 pm

I have had a 7 in samsung tablet for a few yrs know. It seems almost all my pc time is onit. Thats good, as its so practical to use. I still have the old cell phone, but can see why iphones etc are so popular. Whith that in mind I wonder why we facebook so much, or twitter,, yet cant find the time to drop a line hear once in awhile.

I ha a sausage on a bun, 3 wks ago, and got food poisoned. Wow talk about sick, they say it might drag on for mths. I finnaly went back to work although only feeling 50 percent better. Cant stand being sick during the summer, I got so much to do around the house.

Hey drop a line, whats up?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Whats News With Youz!

Postby Arokhs Twin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 pm

I tend to use my phone for a lot of the internet e.g facebook but still use the old desktop every day as I use it for work as well as gaming. Still some life yet for the gaming PC.

re: the food poisoning thing I too have had that and been hospitalized for a week as I could not even keep water down. It made my heartbeat irregular and very high. They injected me with some drugs to slow the heartbeat down; it felt like my whole body was on fire. Was on a drip for 5 days then got better within a few days but then the sickness returned around 2 weeks later. Not nice. Anyway I'm better now.

I'm going to Switzerland this September for a week then going up to Germany for the Oktoberfest for a stag do; should be fun :) I'm not a heavy drinker so it will certainly be entertaining.

Work wise I'm still self employed as an IT contractor. Making a decent amount of money now although work comes and goes.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

AXE
Dragon

Postby AXE » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Sounds like great vacation. I think Im re@dy for one, friday night had a gallstone attach, owe! Need see doctor later this week. Getting old sucks! Oh last night it rained, and the roof leaked. July can end anytime soon. Working nights this week, so am up now at noon for insurance guy, and contractor. Cant wait for more sarcasm, just wait, we have a few more days of the month to go.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Postby Outlaw Wyvern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

Hi guys!
YAAAY for the casual topic!
I've been working steadily (for someone else), and at home I've been more or less maintaining a relationship and playing GTA5 every day! GTAOnline, I mean.

I have a bearded dragon as a pet now, despite really being a dog-guy. She's wonderful. I never knew I could generate so much affection for a lizard, but they aren't as distant (socially) as a species as most lizards.
Of course, the girlfriend still has her raccoon.... which takes a lot of work. They remain half feral, almost no matter what.

I had food poisoning super bad once, and it had an interesting side effect - it completely cured a lingering bronchial infection that'd been hanging around for about three months! Mixed blessing 8^)

Yes, facebook....... That can eat some time, can't it? But it put me squarely in touch with people who date back to kindergarten. It's a social wonder, but it is also an ultra-massive data collection center.
I try not to lose sight of that in my zeal to share with friends.

I still haven't bought a PS4 or Xbone, but they have yet to put out a system-seller, MUCH LESS a decent library of games, so... no big loss there.

Big Bright Blessings to all.
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Postby Arokhs Twin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Talking of Facebook I'm off to a high school reunion in November - some I haven't seen for 22 years! Of the facebook photos and the photo taken 22 years ago of a group class photo I can only recognise 4 of them. Should be interesting!

AXE
Dragon

Postby AXE » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:04 pm

And another week goes bye! Love the weekends. Kids are coming around, and are going to help pull down an old garage shed. We will try and play safe! Have fun everyone

AXE
Dragon

Postby AXE » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 am

Shaw Cable sold us out! too Rogers. Ah the agony, different billing etc. Cable, Internet, and Home Phone.

The main difference is, No Webspace! So I have been uploading to a new server, free of course, and we shall see if they allow my site to remain. All I have is one small link to Kickass torrents, that's not so bad, is it? 8)

Eris
Dragon

Postby Eris » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm

I met up with Peter and his wife about a month ago in Berlin. They were visiting a couple of German cities so I just jumped on a train and met up with them :) We weren't talking about Drakan though, his lovely wife would probably get bored if we did. It was still really awesome.
So now I already met with 2 great people I got to know through the multiplayer :)
If you ever happen to be in Germany and we know each other from Drakan, drop me a message ;)

AXE
Dragon

Postby AXE » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:02 am

Winter finnally got started, minus 10 c today and for the next week. Had the first homeless death from the cold, so sad.

Hey! Happy New Years Everyone! 8)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Postby Arokhs Twin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:31 pm

That's cold.. It does not get that cold here very often in fact the current temp is 11 degrees C but it did get frosty last week. The winter temps can change by as much as 20 odd degrees in the same week depending on the wind direction and the jet stream thingy.

Homeless people - yeah we have a lot especially in Bradford where I live, you see them in shop doorways on a night and all over the place during the day. Freezing to death is thankfully very rare and there are centres where they can go.

assidragon
Hatchling

Postby assidragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Oh man, those are some nostalgic names right there.

AXE
Dragon

Postby AXE » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Wow I been havin some flashbacks past couple hours. Been going through all my cd's , dvd's, like a hundred of them. I got stuff saved, games, updates mods, programs etc, from the 1995 era. Been trying to run some of it, Nope not much that runs on todays pc. Was even thinking of setting up an old pc just so I could play some of them again.

I might even clean them up and make a website to download some of it for others! In my spare time hehe ya right!

Things been goin along here just fine, time seems to fly by, winters comin! Ah that's a sayin from Game of Throne, when we get to see next season? Anyhow, Everyone take care and have a Good Holiday! 8)

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”