Help for your new member

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Mechanist, Arokhs Twin, yangez93

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Help for your new member

Postby Cyber-Blast » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello I join this website since ... now . ( I am french so I'm not a big boss in english )
I love drakan since when I had 2 years old . My grandfather played at this game and I loved watch him . Now it's at my turn to enter in the world of drakan . I know the game but i'm not an expert who know the differents secrets of the game .
My problem: I have the game on my pc ( windows 10 ) with the 444 and 445 patches . I launch the game with the w95 compatibility mode . It's perfect I have the menu with one of the unforgettable music of the game but when I choose new game , and the normal difficulty , the engine doesn't work and the window close . Maybe I didn't used the patch with the good way . Please help me ( message without using google trad ) :P

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Help for your new member

Postby UCyborg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Get AiO Patch from here. Also turn off Win95 compatibility mode, it's not needed and may cause undesired side effects.
"Once a profound truth has been seen, it cannot be 'unseen'. There's no 'going back' to the person you were. Even if such a possibility did exist... why would you want to?" - Dave Sim

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Postby Cyber-Blast » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks I will install the game again because I delete drakan yesterday . There is no problem if it's the french version ? And with the aio patch , it's not compulsory to download the others patches ? thanks a lot for your answer Ucyborg

UCyborg
Dragon

Postby UCyborg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 am

After you install the game, you will have to install French version of 445 Patch, then the AiO Patch. Don't be tempted to download the AiO Patch or anything else from that French site where you get the 445 Patch, because the version there is the old one. AiO Patch is language neutral.

In case the game doesn't start after you've taken care of all patches, open the Arokh.ini file, look for PopulateWindowedResolutions and put a 0 there instead of 1. That's the only problem I'm aware of that occurs on some computers and it's not mentioned in the AiO Patch Readme file.
"Once a profound truth has been seen, it cannot be 'unseen'. There's no 'going back' to the person you were. Even if such a possibility did exist... why would you want to?" - Dave Sim

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Postby Cyber-Blast » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Okay , I understand , thanks a lot , I keep you informed ! :D :D

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Postby Cyber-Blast » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Excuse me but I'm not very strong with my pc so can somebody explain me how execute correctly the patch 445 because the read me don't explain what I have to do . Thanks everyone

UCyborg
Dragon

Postby UCyborg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 pm

You need a program called 7-Zip to be able to open the archive with the patch. Then you put all files inside in some folder on your computer and run SETUP. Better look it up on the internet, those types of archives are pretty common.

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Postby Cyber-Blast » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Okay but " in some folder" ??? Of the game ???

UCyborg
Dragon

Postby UCyborg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:47 pm

I'd just make temporary folder on the desktop, put the files in there, run SETUP and delete the folder when done.

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Postby Cyber-Blast » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks Ucyborg , I did exactly what you said . I took care of the patches and I put 0 . But when I want to launch the game it said : unable to load RESES.DLL .

UCyborg
Dragon

Postby UCyborg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:40 am

I have no idea why would that error pop up, it indicates that the RERES.dll file that should be present in game's directory cannot be loaded for some odd reason (missing, corrupted?).

I've got the French version working on my computer and put it on Dropbox. You can use it if you want. It also includes Creative ALchemy, which means you can have 3D sound and special sound effects, just as you would if you had a Windows XP machine with one of those Creative sound cards. You only have to make sure first 2 checkboxes are checked in Riot Engine Options on the Audio tab. You can access it by holding Shift while launching Drakan.

I can't tell how the game managed to break on your side since you made it to menus the first time. I know for certain applying patches can't break it. Maybe something's off with the CD you're installing it from? If this was Steam game, I'd just ask you to verify game cache, but in our case, we can only guess.

Helping over a forum is a bit inconvenient.

Cyber-Blast
Hatchling

Postby Cyber-Blast » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:10 pm

THANKS YOU UCYBORG I'm so happy the game run on my pc thanks to you . I just extract the files in a folder and after I execute drakan and it's just perfect . I am very happy :) :) :) :) :) !!!! Thanks for your help and your patience !! This website is a blessing . :D

UCyborg
Dragon

Postby UCyborg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm glad it runs flawlessly now. This website surely is fantastic, all thanks to Arokh's Twin. Would be nice if Drakan generally received more attention. Sure it has its flaws and may be outdated for today's standards, but I think of it as a special treasure in its genre. And in a way, it really is, and no store like Good Old Games or Steam offers it.

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”