Editing Your Posts?

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Mechanist, Arokhs Twin, yangez93

Jasoya
Whelp

Editing Your Posts?

Postby Jasoya » Wed May 31, 2017 5:27 am

I was wondering if I am able to edit any of my posts an infinite number of times. I have worked with this style of platform with a another fan site Culdcept Central, but that was a few years ago, so I am out of practice.

What I want to do is post a table of contents in my topic Drakan: The Ancients' Gates Glitch Tutorial Videos and update it as I upload more videos to YouTube. This would allow current and future Drakan fans to be able to identify which episode talks about which glitches.

Also is there a maximum number of letters that can be typed in one post? Thanks for the help.
Explore and exploit, my two favorite things to do while playing an old-favorite game.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Editing Your Posts?

Postby Arokhs Twin » Wed May 31, 2017 6:06 pm

I haven't set any limits on editing posts and as for the number of characters per post there's no limit set on that either but I don't know if the forum software has any limits. I did look but could not find any answer to this question on their support forum and pages.

Others have mentioned large posts can cause database corruption or slow performance on some web servers and / or a high number of connected users & recommended it be best to keep them no longer than a page.

The server should be able to handle it though; its a 12 core xeon with 32Gb RAM and SSD storage & we don't have a high number of users connected at the same time but yeah I'd say keep a post within a topic to a maximum of one page to avoid any potential database problems. Number of posts per topic does not seem to be an issue either as there is a topic in the BOD forums with over 1000 posts / replies without any issues.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Jasoya
Whelp

Re: Editing Your Posts?

Postby Jasoya » Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 pm

Thank you Arokh's Twin. That answered both my questions very well. :D
Explore and exploit, my two favorite things to do while playing an old-favorite game.

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”