Forum will be unavailable for software upgrade 18/01/2020

Discuss anything that is not related to Drakan and Blade of Darkness here.

Moderators: Arokhs Twin, yangez93

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Forum will be unavailable for software upgrade 18/01/2020

Postby Arokhs Twin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi all,

I will be updating the forum to the latest version which is a major release rather than an incremental security / bug fix version. This may render some mods (mainly admin side) incompatible and the current style I am using is not compatible with the new version. I will have to make some changes but once the upgrade is complete the forum may revert to the default style with no site logos etc.

I'll read through what I need to do but the forum will be unavailable on the 18th and possibly 19th of January (if I get time and nothing else crops up) so bear with us and it will be available again from the 20th if nothing goes wrong. I will try it on a test version of the site running on a server at home but that isn't configured the same as the server this site runs on. Fingers crossed it will be fine.

I will also find out how I can try and stop the spam registrations which are able to bypass Cloudflare and the anti-spam system on this site. The latest version of xrumer spamming software is quite clever so I'll have to do some research on how to stop it.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Forum will be unavailable for software upgrade 18/01/2020

Postby Arokhs Twin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Software update done, just need to make the previous theme compatible with the new version now. If any bugs or problems are found with this new version please let me know.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Return to “Arokh's Lair Forums”