Intro Movie Preview

**Archived** Joaxin's Relic would have been a series of single player maps intended to be mage150's version of Drakan2 - an alternative to the official sequel. Forum closed for now as the project is on hold indefinitely.

Moderator: mage150

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Both links do not work (file not found). Thanks for keeping us up to date, I was beginning to think this had been cancelled.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

The link over at planetdrakan was good. Downloaded reasonable too. Was a very good movie, I liked it very much.[8D]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Nevermind, it worked today. Looks good, looks like you have put a lot of work into the cutscenes. The intro narration intrigued me though regarding the storyline; something that took place but didn't affect the world's history? Hmm...

BTW how much has been done on this series so far and roughly how long do you think it will take now that you are working on it again?
It would be interesting to see a 'developer diary' feature or somthing like on the forum as well so we can keep up to date on this mod's progress.

_X_BioHazard_X_
Whelp

Post by _X_BioHazard_X_ »

Hmm nice work, yet the resolution was a tad low, and the scene was a tad dark...
Keep up the good work ;)!

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I've just seen that movie (yes, I know I'm slow!)

Interesting. [8D]

I didn't know you could program cutscenes in Drakan.

But then again, since I've <b>NEVER</b> gotten the level editor to work, I wouldn't know.

A curse on WindowsXP!!!! [}:)] [:(!] [V]

thomasss
Hatchling

Post by thomasss »

Hi Alex,

I'm new on this forum. If we are the two last survivors of Drakan, maybe we can help eachother, since I get game & editor to work on both XP and 98.
Cheers!

Thomas, France

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Well, we're not the last ones.

While playing on the Drakan servers, I met (virtually speaking) Eris, Shredder and DT (sorry, can't remember whole name, just initials).

I've just managed to work out how to go multiplayer, but all I achieve is to get slaughtered.

Zienna also talks about getting her clan to go on a server game, but I'm not sure how that's going. It's a work in progress.

You got those to work on XP!!!! [:0] [:0] [:0] [:0]

I've managed to get the game to go, with the inevitable crashes at game start and after AIWarren.

The editor runs somewhat, but I can't get the necessary tasks to run. It always fails when doing 3D preview of Arokh, mapping the level in the edit tools and the render window of the level. All these things either crash the editor or just come up with a blank screen.

I would greatly appreciate <b>ANY</b> help you can give me in getting these programs to run properly.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

I can make you a movie on how to work the editor.Ive been doin it over a year and a half,but never really played all of them.Ive got software for making the movie.Ive also made some drakan movies,but they are just clips,im soon gonna put them all together and make a movie.NightWolf[which yall probally dont know] just puts pictures together.But ive been working on this a while.Nice To Meet ya new guy!

Riftweaver
Whelp

Post by Riftweaver »

That would be great if you could put a movie/video together on how to work the editor. I started looking at the editor about 8 years ago, but I've never got seriously into it until now. As since then I've learned a bit about the Unreal Tournament engine and how game engines in general function with other programs like 3DS Max.

Good job with the cut scene Mage150, I love those little Grull guys, or what ever they are called.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Thanks Zienna.

There's not much to explain how to use the editor.

I'm mostly guessing.

My current problem is how to get a computer powerful enough to run it, but not so overpowered it crashes the editor.

A fine line I'm walking there.......

Thank you Mr Gates for not bothering to put in "backwards compatibility".

<sarcasm implied>