Release of what is done.

**Archived** Joaxin's Relic would have been a series of single player maps intended to be mage150's version of Drakan2 - an alternative to the official sequel. Forum closed for now as the project is on hold indefinitely.

Moderator: mage150

mage150
Dragon

Release of what is done.

Post by mage150 »

Well, sad but true, I haven't been able to get the proper equipment up for a long time to edit with drakan and it looks like the earliest I could even start working on this again is next September due to the fact that I have been moving around a lot lately.

I have decided that I have some very touched up content from what I worked on for Joaxin's Relic and I will be releasing it, that way, if the drakan community does die out soon as I fear it might, than I will go out being known as not such a sucky level creator.

I was a bit upset for a while back when I made *fun* and different type drakan levels and unfortunatly no one saw where I was coming from, no one *I felt* appreciated my work enough, I got constant negative feedback from my multiplayer maps. I have to say the most successful was my Paintball Series of maps which did go decent enough and got a few people into MP level editing which I am proud for that.

With this keep a heads up, I will be installing drakan and re-aranging the files to a Drakan Add on Rather than a stand alone game so that installation is simple and anyone who wants can see what work was put into it as I am sure you all saw the screenshots. Mainly, I wanted to make a cinematic type game (which no one ever did for Drakan) and more of the 15 minutes of game play I made was movie rather than game play.

Keep an eye out, send me lots of spam emails bugging me when it will be released. Just to make it easier, mage150@arohkslair.net

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

www.gmail.com

login: DrakanJA
Password: rynnootf

you can see in the inbox there is a file 5 mb, that is Joaxin's Relic, well what was done of it so far. Comment if you download it please.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Wow, you have done a lot of work on it and I can see that Drakan: TAG has definitley influcenced it reminding me of the Andrellian isles from the said game.
I like the way you have made the tents and the stilted huts and the water rippling effect. Clearly most of the work has gone on adding more stuff like this as the level is only very small but its very good. If only this would be made into a whole game; the atmposphere, lighting etc is as best you are going to get with the current Drakan1 engine. It was a little difficult as I didn't find a weapon and just ran through but Ill try it again when its dark and I can see better.

I only have one small criticism which is the voice over is difficult to hear in places as the Orc is making sounds at the same time making it difficult to pick out.

Certainly, this would be a high 90's or 100% score if it were complete, congrats on the hard work you put into it.
Just a couple of questions: where's Arokh and what are those things that keep coming out of thr rift and killing me?

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Well, I know there is a bow, you need to make fire arrow's in the camp fire with the ones you find in the water next to the camp, there is a hidden little area in the caves, and If I ever get this 98 machine built I will keep working on this game, until then I wont get to work on it though.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Relly good download location. hehe

Just saw this and did the download, but gota run out but will have a look see later.[8D]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Excellent level so far. Nota one bad glich yet have I found. I just want to kill more, and with no health packs, iz a real good challange.

I got the fishermans spear that he drops when he is scared by the opening of the portal. Its in the water where you first start. I got the arrows, converted to flaming ones, but did not find the bow. No matter had the spear, and it got me another, then a axe, then a long sword. I wish I had the bow to get the pesky orc shooting at me, but I just run away from him. Been trying to get to places I'm not supposed to go, but thats the fun of it. Mage, I wish that you had a few years with a team to keep makin levels, hehe I would pay ya a couple $, hehe[8D]

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Look around for the bow on the tree hanging in the water, Health isn't what you would typically think of it as. Think of things you can drink that are found in the level so far.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Just a quick note to people who have downloaded this mod / level; the series is incomplete and the current release has no ending as such as its only part of the intro level. As for its story, it was originally going to be set between Order of the Flame and The Ancient's Gates but now its an ALTERNATIVE to The Ancient's Gates. In other words, it continues where OOTF left off but will not fit in with TAG. You'll see what I mean by this if / when this is finished; I know what happens at the end. [;)]

BTW Mage, if you are reading this can you confirm if you have really abandoned this project as the last I heard was after you moved you decided to forget it.

johnvoodooo
Whelp

Post by johnvoodooo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mage150</i>

Well, sad but true, I haven't been able to get the proper equipment up for a long time to edit with drakan and it looks like the earliest I could even start working on this again is next September due to the fact that I have been moving around a lot lately.

I have decided that I have some very touched up content from what I worked on for Joaxin's Relic and I will be releasing it, that way, if the drakan community does die out soon as I fear it might, than I will go out being known as not such a sucky level creator.

I was a bit upset for a while back when I made *fun* and different type drakan levels and unfortunatly no one saw where I was coming from, no one *I felt* appreciated my work enough, I got constant negative feedback from my multiplayer maps. I have to say the most successful was my Paintball Series of maps which did go decent enough and got a few people into MP level editing which I am proud for that.

With this keep a heads up, I will be installing drakan and re-aranging the files to a Drakan Add on Rather than a stand alone game so that installation is simple and anyone who wants can see what work was put into it as I am sure you all saw the screenshots. Mainly, I wanted to make a cinematic type game (which no one ever did for Drakan) and more of the 15 minutes of game play I made was movie rather than game play.

Keep an eye out, send me lots of spam emails bugging me when it will be released. Just to make it easier, mage150@arohkslair.net

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I downloaded it.

But I can't get it to start.

I don't see the name of the level appear when I start Drakan's new game.

I just get the same problem that occurs when you try to start a new game with Drakan (fatal crash!!!) in WindowsXP.

You should really clean out that spam folder! [:0]

SubZero
Hatchling

Post by SubZero »

I Know An Old Topic.But I Want To MAke A Comment And I Havent Been Here in Like FOREVER..Its Cool And I Like It.Nice Job.
Yeah About the Spam Folder.Looks Like Mine.XD

Riftweaver
Whelp

Post by Riftweaver »

Well, I downloaded it. It was cool to see a fan-made cutscene and I liked the idea of the rifts opening up with the characters dropping out the other side. One thing that impressed me was how Rynn jumped to the ground when the second rift opened up and she called out "Arokh"? The only problems I had was that there wasn't enough lighting in the underground ruins where a sword which looks much like the runeblade is found and I couldn't work out what to do after that, I guess it's only part of one level that was completed? Either that or the 455++ patch doesn't work with this level? In any case, good effort! Ow and as for Drakan: TAG the Andrellian isles were one of my favorite levels in that game :)