Divinity 2; The Dragon Knight Saga

Discuss anything related to computer games and fantasy in general. Other fantasy games, games with dragons in, fantasy artwork etc are welcome here too. Posts are auto pruned after 3 months if not viewed. Please post Drakan related topics to the relevant forums below.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Must be differences in the releases. The developers made it very complicated releasing some versions in some countries and not others. A question was asked over at the developer forums and it was said that the first versions of flames of vengeance did not enhance ego draconis but later versions obviously do. That add on isn't available at all here.

Did you find it easier with the enhanced version? I did they significantly changed the levelling and game balancing.

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Yeah it was a lot easier. I remember having a lot of trouble the first time around - the second time I breezed through for the most part. But then again, I focused a lot more on magic (namely the fireball) the second time.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Just got the Xbox version of this over the weekend.
I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Excellent, as far as I know the xbox version of the Dragon Knight Saga is the same as the PC version apart from the user interface / controls. Takes a while to get to the dragon part; I'd recommend doing a lot of the side quests before going into the Maxos Temple.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Yeah, I can dig the good advice!
Last night, I was exploring and ended up going to the fjords and got my booty kicked three ways to flaming death!
I tried to check out the temple, but I wasn't able to enter yet.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The Fjords are impossibly difficult until you get your dragopn form. However a small part can be done on foot and if you manage to kill the high level enemies it's a good XP boost. There is one building with level 26 enemies inside near the mine that explodes you should stay away from until you get your dragon form as well.

You need to be at least level 15 before entering the temple. Don't forget to do the necromancer side quest in Broken Valley as well; you will get a handy sidekick who will help you a lot later in the game.

Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

I have an idea - make a separate forum for this game. Like Drakan and BOD has got.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

That thought did cross my mind but I'd have to make a fan site to get a decent amount of visitors & there is already a forum for the game. The BOD fansite got deleted a while ago due to virtually no visitors - there was no point in keeping it going. The only reason I keep the BOD forum is because it is the only English one left & there is an active modding community. Same goes for Drakan - there`s only two of the original fan sites / forums left.

Venetik
Whelp

Post by Venetik »

but maby here? as separate section? we have got 3rd game similar to drakan.

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Yeah I see your point but there is the main forums at Larian and there isn't much activity so I don't think there's much point unless a fan site to go with the forum is made.

The other thing is the site is really just kept for novelty / nostalgia. I don't make any money from it (I hate adverts) so operating costs are kept to a minimum. Another fan site would take up more space, admittedly not much but it might tip me over the edge of bandwith usage and I will have to pay more for the next hosting package.

Anyone else want to vote on for /against a Divinity 2 forum here?