Drakan: 10th Anniversary - Quick info

**Archived** Shelim's mod for Drakan which celebrates 10 years of the game and adds new features and fixes some bugs. Note this is now rendered obsolete by the Community Patch however if you play single player only you can still use this mod.

Moderator: Shelim

Shelim
Dragon

Drakan: 10th Anniversary - Quick info

Post by Shelim »

Drakan: 10th Anniversary has been released!

What?
Drakan: 10th Anniversary is a mod for Drakan: The Order of the Flame fixing the majority of known bugs and adding new graphic effects based on an additional DirectX 9 rendering engine. This allows for previously unavailable effects such as normal mapping, depth of field, motion blur, post processing effects, etc.

Where?
You can grab it here, or on our ModDB page (as soon as ModDB admin's authorize download)
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!

AXE
Dragon

Re: Drakan 10th Anniversary - Quick info

Post by AXE »

Countin the days for this. We been waiting along time for a major fix to this game. Appreciate the time you have invested into this. Thankyou! 8)

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

How will this mod affect multiplayer.

Will it affect running a game server, and players compatability to join? 8)

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

As for multiplayer:

1.) I've fixed infamous "Session creation failed: check your network settings and try again"

(as for technical details, there was null string passed for inet_addr under some not fully understood circumstances, I've fixed it to use INADDR_ANY - this mean Drakan's server will listen on first available network adapter, you'll have to reorder them in your network setting or use ForceBindIP if you want to force server use Hamachi and not standard LAN port)

2.) Game between standard Drakan 445 and 10th Anniversary is not supported, as Drakan verifies checksum after connection. I might address that problem in the future, but definitely not in first release ;)

3.) I've done very small amount of testing (and only in LAN environment), so it's likely that there will be some problems I've missed - but I'll definitely address them as soon as I get confirmed reports ;)
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!

GoldenGate023
Hatchling

Post by GoldenGate023 »

Hi, Shelim!

I ordered the intenet connections, and i installed the ForceBindIp, but it says: Session creatins failed!Please check network settings, an try again!
How can I host a game?
I installed 444, 445, 445++ patch :S
I have only two networks: Hamachi and Local Internet
Please help me.Me and my friends want to play together :)
I have this problem about 1-2 days ago.
Listen here! You, wretched reptile...

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

This is well known in-game problem that is fixed in Drakan: 10th Anniversary, but not in any earlier patches (including 445++) - it will be available for download tomorrow ;)