Moving objects in Multiplayer

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Bakdar
Hatchling

Moving objects in Multiplayer

Post by Bakdar »

In multiplayer, how do you get moving objects to be seen to be moving at the same time for all players?

I'm working on a new level and have two similar (I think) problems!

- The first involves boulders rolling down a hill. An Object Generator (Type) generates a boulder every 20 secs. However, each player appears to have their own 20 secs count (started from the time they joined the game), resulting in players not being able to see the same boulders!

- The second involves moving platforms trigger by a switch. Only the player who triggers the switch can actually see the platforms moving! I want it to work so that all players can see the platforms moving once a single player has triggered the switch.

Does anyone have any ideas on either of these two problems?

Bakdar

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Weeell, hmm. Switches are client-sided stuffs, so yuo can hardly make it move for everyone...... :S Quite the same with object generators. I'll think about this though, hold on!

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

for second - look in the Hill of Fire level and may be in SeaTime level

Bakdar
Hatchling

Post by Bakdar »

Thanks for the reply.

Not quite sure how this relates to the second problem though!

In Hill of Fire, I presume you're refering to the Fire Crystal in the middle, if so, this triggers an effect and not a object.

In SeaTime, I can't see anything that is triggered.

Maybe I'm missing something - could you explain further?

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

in DrakanMP engine the very limited number of events are 'networked' the crystals activating is one of it and very important - after you activate a crystal its event DO networked over all players on a server... in crystal's classtype properties you can found some item to 'spawn' - it may be The Very Universal 'Object Generator' classtype, that can spawn some effect you really need or for example a STOMP sequence that is also very universal ...

in SeaTime level there are a potions of 'rum' if i remember right that cause a STOMP to spawn for some effects (and _visible_ for all players !)... look how it works...