War of a Dark Age: Stuck

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Fafhred
Hatchling

War of a Dark Age: Stuck

Post by Fafhred »

http://www.arokhslair.net/spreviews/woda.html

An Internet search showed that there used to be a walkthrough for this, but the link is dead.

I am in the Barbarian Fortress (Map 2 Light).
I have 2 levers without any apparent effect (1 in the temple, the other in an underground tunnel).
I cannot find the key for the second door in the room of the pillars.

The review on this website mentions that a knight drops a key, which can be difficult to find.
So far, I had no Knight, only Undeads, but those could be the 'knights'.

I went back to check every body, but cannot find that key.
Unless someone has a solution, I am gong to write this map off...

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Worthwhile assistance in mods is hard to come by.
Best to move on if you can't resolve.
Lots of good ones to choose from.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

www.archive.org - try your luck. Maybe you'll be able to resurect the dead link :)

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

I had the walkthrough so I have added a link to the bottom of the review.

Fafhred
Hatchling

Post by Fafhred »

Got the walkthrough (thanks admin) and read it.

It says: 'Go through the broken wall, and Eylin will mention a "hole in the ceiling". Do not go back, but ahead. You'll find a knight. Kill him, and pick up the key he drops.'

Well, there was NO KNIGHT there for me, so I guess he is missing or stuck in scenary.
Or maybe he fell in the chasm (before I arrived there), and the key is at the bottom, unreachable...
Really a MAJOR bug.
If I knew the key name I would have tried a gimme to work around it, but since I don't, I just deleted this mod and move on to the next.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

If you're a pleasure delayer, maybe save "Journey to Azenera" for last so it'll leave the sweetest impression.

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

When your down in the passageway and gone through the "broken wall" walk right along the ledge, the Knight is in a cave like place and I beleive the key is on the floor. The light dagger is very useful to spot the keys.
I have never found the "pit" where the dragon is to get the poison breath near Dan Atar's mine.
To those that take the darkside path be sure to buy at least three long swords, and maybe an ax, cause you do not get a dragon to help you, at least I did not. The light dagger is alot of whacking to do if you do not have a good inventory of weapons.
This mod has two paths and four different endings to experience sorry to see you gone on to another.

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

Oh, buy the way, the key is named "Key of Docking Room" I think.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

mad bohemian, how do you know so much about it?

I was a punk and gave up, but apparently you weren't.
Good for you, pal!

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

I've played both paths and the endings several times, when I read the post and found the walkthrough had to do it again.(LOL) On my first playthrough I found #5 (Dragons) in the Snowy Realm but was killed and never found the place again until last night,and several other oddities that bugged me cleared up. thanks!
#2 Potion problem Light-side is in the lava land on a "man" near the green skyways somewhere there.
In the darkside run still was not able to get to the dragon cave to the right of the exit from the Wartoks camp and ran out of weapons going for #3 Assassination. Thought I made good use of recovered weapons(drop by foes)and the light dagger but no, needed five long swords. (LOL)
In the Light-side I used skill points for armor but it would not let me upgrade?
I like this game ALOT and played it alot for ten years.

Fafhred
Hatchling

Post by Fafhred »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mad_bohemian</i>

I have never found the "pit" where the dragon is to get the poison breath near Dan Atar's mine.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
That I found: it is not really a pit, it is a more a small hidden valley.
Look at the direction of the door, from outside the passage (riding).
Strafe left a bit, then take off and just raise until you see the top of the ridge.
The place is going down to ground level, behind the ridge.
I just sniped the other dragon from the top of the ridge, myself ;-)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mad_bohemian</i>

In the Light-side I used skill points for armor but it would not let me upgrade?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Exact same problem for me, very frustrating.
But it only prevent you from buying it, not from equipping it.
I was so frustrated at the start with the 'betrayers' that (even though I do not normally use cheats) I did them with the Fire Boomerang and the Mourn Bringer...
Cheats can be are a good work-around for unfixable bugs, or unbalanced situations.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Outlaw Wyvern</i>

Worthwhile assistance in mods is hard to come by.
Best to move on if you can't resolve.
Lots of good ones to choose from.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Shame on you, Unbeliever [:p]

Anyway, I had already deleted it, but I will try it again later: busy with 'The End of the World' atm, very good so far (just bounded with other dragon).
I will just rush back through to the same stage I was by using cheats, then go back to normal mode to resume from there.