Can player-settings be switched inside one level

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
shoprat
Dragon

Post by shoprat »

lionlord
For my "SireneRynn" I would like to breath Rynn under water,so that she will not drown independend how long she is underwater. That works, if I change the Rynn-Player settings under Swimming and Water Motion - Air Consumption Rate for example to 0.001.

Now my question is : can I change the default Rynn-Player to such a modified Rynn-Player dynamically inside one level or do I need to create a special level, in which the modified Rynn-Player is used instead of the default one.

I mean, can I switch between such different players in one level for example with some kind of powerup or object generator ?

Lord.Stone
No. In each level only one Human Control can be used (Human Control is Rynn in this case). Human Control is a template, like the level properties. If you have multiple, it chooses the first (the first one created in the first object database opened in the level) at all times, no possible way of changing it inside a game...

Sageous
Probably cant do this but as a test try it anyway. Use an OBJ gen to spawn a human control template...(a rynn) with the new parameters.
Doubt it will work.

Lord.Stone
I had a SP level once with 2 human controls in it (accidently)... What happened was very weird though. Camera started doing very weird, and I could kill another Rynn and that way I killed myself somehow... I don't know what happens if an object generator spawns a human control, but I think you would get the same situation...

lionlord
I didn't get the time to try it myself yet, but it looks that it will not work.
So I have to create a special level for the Sirene-Rynn which can only be entered if the shape-shifting rune has been found.

lionlord
!!! It works !!!
!!! You can switch dynamically between different player-types within a level !!!

Here's what I found out in SP :
----------------------------------------------------------------------
With an object generator you can generate a new player ( human control ) for Rynn with completely new attributes like moving speed, water movement settings etc. If you have a "complete" model with all animations like in the system-database you can although give the new Rynn a new default skin without the need of putting it on as a kind of armor.

If you generate the new human control you get some astonishing effects :
At the time the new Rynn is generated the control is switched from the old to the new Rynn. The old Rynn is left behind like an empty cover. If this cover is hit the new Rynn gets the damage too. So you have to protect the old cover for example with a box of force fields around her, generated automatically.

The object generation and control-transfer only works, if there is no Arokh in the level. Otherwise you get some unwanted effects. If you want to have Arokh too, Rynn has to leave Arokh and go to a level without him, do her shape-shift there and return to him in new shape.
If you use a certain shape-shifting room or level you can secure it, so that only Rynn can enter it. That will protect the old cover, Rynn leaves behind when shape-shifted.
If the new Rynn returns to the level, where she left Arok behind, make sure that this level reverences the database in which the new human control and complete model is stored too. Otherwise Drakan will crash.

You have to notice, that Rynn has to drop all her inventory before she does the shape-shift. If she does not, the old inventory is unreachable within the old Rynns Inventory.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds quite difficult, but in fact it is very easy and the effects you can realize with that trick are fantastic.

Now only one question remains :
Is there a way how I can make Rynn drop all her inventory automatically, if she is transformed ( even if I don not use Patch 445 ) ?

lionlord
Has nobody an idea how Rynn can automatically drop her inventory ?

Sageous
You might try stomp for moving the old rynn out of the area..blink her out by using no translation. You could only do it for one morph though since stomp can only ref the player object that was in the level to start with.

For the inventory...try the MP powerup...grouped...one of the grouped rynn powerups...they kill the current inv and put something new into it..try putting nothing...or whatever you want. This is for MP though so it might not work.

Good work so far with your research.

Lord.Stone
Yea, good work. I had 2 Rynns once. I had the damage thingie too, but I thought there was something wrong with controls then too, but that might have been caused by something else, I do not exactly remember...