Man behind the mirror

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ASSASSIN</i>

Wha?

Blade of Darkness - Severance
Blood
Blood 2
Soldier of Fortune
Soldier of Fortune 2
Mortal Kombat 1,2,3,4
<ANY other beat em up games>
Unreal 1,2
Unreal Tournament 1, 2003, 2004
Quake 3

These are which I can get right off my head. :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

most of those games are older than Drakan, man!

personally i see a great void in the hardcore violence/gore market right now. and Unreal Tournament 2004 is not very violent at all. that's like "kiddy violence" compared to Drakan

the Soldier of Fortune games tap into a niche market of hardcore violence enthusiasts, but they are the exception rather than the rule. seems like most Publishers still seem to be afraid to get an M rating to their games these days and hence there's plenty of room to tap into that niche market even more.

btw i know that there's no real chance of a Drakan 3, i'm just trying to "fight the good fight!" as all of us Drakan fanboys should do [:D]

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shiny</i>

i dont like it that u dont got a WWII mod in UT
someone should make it :)

Meh. I only played two decent addons for UT: Instagib (my thing some 3-4 years ago, clans, Multiplayer... ah, those were the days) and WeaponsFactory. The rest made jus doesn't make it for me.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Navaros</i>

most of those games are older than Drakan, man!
HEH? You REALLY better go and check the dates, lol! Maybe Blood1/2 is older than Drakan, but I'm not sure - and the rest are surely younger! ;)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Navaros</i>

personally i see a great void in the hardcore violence/gore market right now. and Unreal Tournament 2004 is not very violent at all. that's like "kiddy violence" compared to Drakan
Aham, heads popping off after a nice hit of sniper aren't really gory afterall... c'me on, you didn't have much more blood in Drakan either.

the Soldier of Fortune games tap into a niche market of hardcore violence enthusiasts, but they are the exception rather than the rule. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I challange that. Oh, and I could add Carmageddon and Postal series to the list...

seems like most Publishers still seem to be afraid to get an M rating to their games these days and hence there's plenty of room to tap into that niche market even more.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Depends on the aim. Sometimes yes, sometimes they say "violence pays" - and it does.

btw i know that there's no real chance of a Drakan 3, i'm just trying to "fight the good fight!" as all of us Drakan fanboys should do [:D]
Well, I'm doing a game - most I can do ;)

Shiny
Dragon

Post by Shiny »

omg thats a big post :p

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

*salutes* =D

Shiny
Dragon

Post by Shiny »

indeed dont u got disiere for another big post ??

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

I like big posts. [:D]

Shiny
Dragon

Post by Shiny »

make another one ;[