Rynn as NPC wearing custom skins

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
SteamTeck
Whelp

Rynn as NPC wearing custom skins

Post by SteamTeck »

Is this possible? if so it opens up almost limitless possibilities.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I think it is. Psy (I think) was on about it in the surreal-news forums

SteamTeck
Whelp

Post by SteamTeck »

Zeoc replied to my similar post at Surrealnews and some of the skins at least are possble but its a real pain to do. I may go for it anyway.

Edited by - SteamTeck on 01 Aug 2001 16:33:57

Storm¥ L@ke
Hatchling

Post by StormÂ¥ L@ke »

It's not so difficult. Only the hair can be a problem if you don't know yet how to add the alpha-map for the hair.

All is relatively relative

SteamTeck
Whelp

Post by SteamTeck »

The problem is the custom skins don't have their own animations so you would need to either find some way to load them with animations or copy the system ( or NPC using Tuiri) database and deleate everything unneeded then then change the textures. This would work but make the level a really big download. Did you have something else (hopefully brilliant) in mind?

Edited by - SteamTeck on 04 Aug 2001 06:55:53

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

You would need to delete all the models that you dont need from the System Database and Change the Textures to how you want them and SAVE AS. Make sure you back Up your system DB's (odb's, sdb's) etc. Than load them to your level

www.arokhslair.net
www.linkinpark.com
www.theyouthahead.com
www.fenixtx.com

SteamTeck
Whelp

Post by SteamTeck »

Yep, I figured that out but the level download then would be to big for my taste. But I can use custom skins as heroes and Rynn as npcs

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yep, I figured that out but the level download then would be to big for my taste. But I can use custom skins as heroes and Rynn as npcs

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote> That is %100 correct. But wait, I think I am understanding you now.. Are you saying this?

If You put a custom skin for rynn on your system db, can I use that custom rynn for an NPC?

Maybe I am not reading this correctly but, please notify me if I seem to begin understanding.

www.arokhslair.net
www.linkinpark.com
www.theyouthahead.com
www.fenixtx.com

SteamTeck
Whelp

Post by SteamTeck »

Note I will always keep the original database intact but yes use the copied one.
I had hoped to put the skins in the level database and add animations but as we talked about that would take up about 5 meg per Rynn. that's too large for me.
Now I,m using custom skins as the players. that gives me new characters to play with and allows me to use the various Rynns as NPCs.

Edited by - SteamTeck on 15 Aug 2001 16:08:42

Cannon fodder

Post by Cannon fodder »

There's a much much easier way to add custom skins to Rynn using the armor type. I've done it it one of my levels

SteamTeck
Whelp

Post by SteamTeck »

yes,so have I. I'm talking about using those custom skins as NPCS i.e. monsters which is a whole different ball of wax. it's even easy to use the existing Rynn's as NPCs because they have animations included but the custom armors don't have their own animations and so they need to be added making the level download size to big for my taste.