Fire Blade

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
Drakans Flame
Whelp

Fire Blade

Post by Drakans Flame »

Hi!
I'm having trouble getting the fire blade
I know that you need 3 stones to get it, but I have only found 2 places to put the stones
1. In the Cave where you find Perry
2. In the lower ruins
3. ?
anyone know where the 3 place to put the last stone might be?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

3rd place is when you defeat Gothraul, its to one side of the walkway up to his throne. If you have already defeated him, you will have missed your chance.

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

I found that one but I'm missing one

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Welcome, Drakans Flame!
Up where you enter the Valley of the Fallen from Surdana, there's a place where the first long strip of river terrain becomes a waterfall and then the Valley/Farm is laid out before you. Off to the right next to the waterfall is a set of ruins with a receptor for the last stone.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Just for the record, you can still get back to Gothraul's area, it just takes a bit of walking time. I don't know if the PAL version locks you out, tho... so maybe you can only get back with the US version.
You know, some odd glitches in general inhabit Drakan's programming, and some are seemingly conditional. A friend has different features in his game than I do relative to the appearance of the glitched inside of Surdana Castle (you can glitch inside from the ledges outside and it's a crazy Escher-esque layout inside with seethru walls and invisible platforms and general spatial wierdness), and when I used a slimline PS2 instead of a regular one, the load glitches were different. There are actually lots of little examples to cite, but it's the 'why' in general that I'm curious about.
I'm not too bright when it comes to understanding computer programming, but I really don't understand how static, unchanging software can generate different forms of odd functionality. I'd imagine the effects would be repetitive and predictable because the source programming is always the same. Go figure.

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

I never thought of looking there,
thanks alot Outlaw Wyvern

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Sure thing. If you need help finding the Ice Blade, ask! I'm sure a few good people would help.

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

I think I might have an idea where the Ice blade is.
It it at the end of the stone hallway (where the teloporter is) that collapses and than you get captured

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes, its there but the floor does not collapse once you get the opportunity to go there again which will be after you escape.
Quote from the walkthrough if you have any probs:

Enter the cave down there, it's the one you were forced
into a trap on. Take the same path as you did before when you were captured.
Pass the now stale floor and collect the treasure. DON'T STEP ON THE
TELEPORTER!! Continue down the hall. At the end is the Ice Blade. When you
take it four skeletons rise from the ground to attack you.

Hope this helps.

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hmmm maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that Fire Blade the weapon you get from the skeleton in the catacombs of the Brotherhood?...

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

That's Flamestrike*, the Bone Lord's excellent sword. The Fire blade is the red version of the Earth, Lightning and Ice blades.

* There's also a flame arrow shortbow called FlameStrike. The difference is the capitalised 'S'. It's a hoot because the arrows leave a smoke trail.