New Character: The Wizard

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro!

I had no time to work on BOD the days before, cause my job take me lots of time, but I have found some objects could be interresting for the Wizard laboratory and others objects .
Say me if some of them interest you and i will take time to convert them in BOD files.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Great Stuff.[8D]

The helmets in particular are interesting. I was thinking that the Wiz could use some magic helmets. (Not just to keep his head warm[8)])
On NPC's they could be worn easily, but on a Player char they would have to be incorperated into the mesh as a seperate model because the helmet would not move with the head as he looks at things.

btw. I have just discovered that Wiz works better with a _bng model when running up steps. I am about to try the same on Cat and Badger.
I set the Cat DieFall to 50000. He walks along the top of walls like a real cat and leaps down on enemies.[:0] He got to Level 10 last night.

Btw2. Playing Wiz in Werewolf mode is good fun. When he transforms I remove all his weapons and items and give him an invisble claw weapon.
this way he can use dedicated wolf attacks and does Slash damage, alhough he appears unarmed. He has more energy as WW and takes less damage and does not react to hits, but as a caveat he cannot use potions or pick things up. While he is WW his magic us gardually used up and if he runs out of magic he goes back to original mesh.(and gets all his stuff back).

Any extra items are always useful, but concentrate on bodies if your
time is limited.[:D]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Pro !

I see you have make lot of great works,I m impatient to make test of your werewolf wizard, the 2 magic ball link with electric string look very good.

Could you explain me more about the bgn.Bod change,how do you have build it ?In my hold test I have found in max you should make a Hedra form but did it need a special structure like a humain : Blade_Object_Wiz_Bng /Blade_skelette /Blade_Skin/.........????????

I can try to put helmet on wizard mesh and you can used it like an armour or used setmesh.So I don't think the object take long time to convert.
Which type of body you need???

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Hi TP.[:D]

For a start, maybe make a seperate helmet model. Then I can try fitting it to NPC. If the Wiz has a number of skins then there would have to be a 'helmet' model for each skin, but it should not be too laborious to fit and attach the helmet to the Blade_Skin.

For the _bng models I just took the Kgt_bng and altered it to Wiz_bng. (I used Spd_bng fot Cat and Badger). I doesn't seem to make a lot of difference whether there is a _bng or not but I think it prevents clipping into walls. The cat had a tendency to sink into the floor before.

Wiz now has night vision btw.[8D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I wonder what happens when you get to 2000 posts?

*Not a lot apparently.......[:o)]

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Post by Ianna Keeper »

2000 post in five year.So every year you posted average 400 message.Hmm Strange... I remembered the first days of bod release date and paying it night and day...[8)]Anyway nice to see still some workings here and the new helmets look awesome.[8D]I would like to see them on bod.I wish I could make new objects-weapons etc. but..[:D]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I'm pink therefore I'm spam.[:I]

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

Hi Pro!

I have make some test with the helm but some of them (the evil and gold)have so many polygon and can't be add in blade in one part or on a new Wizard mesh, for the helm_050 picture n°8 it's run but don't look good on the wizard mesh.I will work more!

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I suppose we can always make some (low poly) helmets and other accessories.[:)]

As well as his Staff and Sword I have made him a Bow. It works fine. The bow aim veiw is a bit strange as his head is on the left side of the screen, but this actually makes aiming better as you can use his eyebrow as a sight. This might please all the peeps who have for years been wanting a crosshair for bow aiming.[;)] He can hit skel archers from a long distance which isn't easy even with orig chars.
I want to make him some Magic arrows, but not sure what their magic properties should be. (explosive???)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Wizard has a HUGE refigerator.....

But some of the food in it bites back.[:0]

TP. Ice Crabs have perfect camoflage.[;)]

brian
Dragon

Post by brian »

Explosive arrows would be cool. I'm picturing it having the same effect as Ironlord's S&M lightning-strike...very messy[:)]

What if the fire arrows actually set enemies on fire?

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by brian</i>

Explosive arrows would be cool. I'm picturing it having the same effect as Ironlord's S&M lightning-strike...very messy[:)]

What if the fire arrows actually set enemies on fire?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I was going to suggest a lightning strike type arrow but Brian's beaten me to it.

Is it possible to create new arrow types or are you having to re-use the three basic types in the game? If you can create new ones, is it possible to carry more than three types in the quiver inventory?

tptpt
Dragon

Post by tptpt »

HI Pro ![:)]

Look I have apply the mask to the wizard, it could be used like helm with setmesh .In all my test the wizard viewpoint for bow is at the right , so ????????

I also work on an other Map, a magic machine in test:

The wizard's HUGE refigerator should be a good place today[;)] again 38°c in the shade in France, and 35 in my work shop.[xx(]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I haven't tried yet, but I <i>think</i> it would be possible to make new arrow types. Either a completely new model or clone/reskin the existing ones. Arrows are slightly complicated as there are multiple quiver models for full/half empty/empty, but I think it's just a question of keeping the naming structure to make them work OK.

You could assign any type of any type of damage to an arrow, but it's a little bit too easy.[;)]. I have found a way to make new types of special damage so anything (nearly) is possble. E.g when wiz is in his werewolf mode he is very powerful and can go around knocking the heads off baddies no problem, but I made weapon with special "Silver" damage that would be very vunerable to. The setting light to hit enemies with fire arrows would be good (and more realistic), but I had another magic attack that does that. (Having said that, I might do it anyway.[:)]) I thought of making them home in on enemies, but what's the fun if you can't miss?

I am working along the lines of having almost no magic spells at the start of a game and gaining them by accomplishing various tasks. At the moment he can only use his personal Staff and Sword with any skill. With his Staff he can launch a variety of spells which are useful in different situations, but he has to find the missing pages from his spell book before he can use them and also gain enough Magic Power. As he uses the spells it depletes his power. Also the power of his Staff/Sword is bound to his Magic Level. If he overues Magic he has to work hard to charge it up again. Each race of enemy has a magic value. Killing and enemy gains him Magic reward as well as XP points. Also there are several herbs and potions that he can find and charge up with. The Sword uses the usual combo system, but there is a magic element to each combo. He can do the GD fire ring attack which is useful when surrounded. I only have 4 at the mo, so more ideas in this area would be appreciated. The others are an icey blast (which works very well), the lightning rope (see pic) and another that delivers a massive hit but uses a lot of Magic.

** Idea just occurred[:p] How about arrows tipped with special "persuasion" drug that turns enemies into allies?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi TP [:D] (cross posted there...)

I originally had Dwf bow anims. I tried all 4 char bow stuff but this one is not bad (Amz I think). The arrow not exactly in the centre, but wth. [;)] It does restict his veiw to the left while aiming, but his eyebrow makes a good 'sight'.

the wizbow is based on the Assyian composite bow so is shorter than the traditional longbow and would be used sideways rather than upright. (from horeseback)

Another thing I noticed is that all the jog_b amins make him run as if he were on his knees, so I have subtituted wlk_b and speeded it up a little. He has to stow his bow to go faster.

Like the mask idea. If he can't fight he can always scare the sh*t out of the bad guys.[:0]

It's very hot here as well. That's why I have been making the freezer.

It's all <s>pchycological</s> in the mind.
[:)]

brian
Dragon

Post by brian »

I like the turning enemy to ally idea. Maybe have the effect only last for a brief while.

Another idea:
How about remotely detonating arrows? Say you fire an arrow and wherever it lands it does no damage until you activate it with another button, then boom.[:D] You could lay down a whole bunch of them and lure enemies into a trap.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I think I have nearly figured out the drugged arrows.[:0]

The remote detonated arrows are a good idea, but maybe it's getting a bit hi-tech. Ever tried the landmines in NewOrcCity?[B)]