Ps2 emulation!!!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
pox
Whelp

Ps2 emulation!!!

Post by pox »

hi everybody,i didn't write here for a long time,but i'm bringing some interesting news...
i tested the playstation 2 emulator pcsx2 with some high end games(resident evil code veronica and outbreak) and obtained some interesting results.
drakan 2 is still not playable,but i hope in a little time it will work!!!
you understood...drakan 2 on pc even if $ony doesn't want it...amazing!!!!

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Cool topic Pox, I had tried the emulator quite some time ago, but never got anything too work. Maybe should try again. Do you use a gamepad to play, or just mouse and keyboard? Does your emulator, got a name, and a download location? Even if its E-Mule or Torrent!

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

Hi,sorry for answering late but i've been a little busy these days...The only working emulator for ps2 which was not abandoned by the programmers is pcsx2 (downloadable at www.pcsx2.net)...i use a "bullfrog blue touch edition" joypad produced by speed link(an excellent xbox-style joypad for only 10€).The emulator works fine(with code veronica i had an averange 25-30 fps with my not-too-powerful computer(athlon 64 3200+ geforce 7600gt and 1gb ram)),on the official forum you can see videos captured from lots of games with different computers,just to see how it works.People with very powerful machines even succeded in playing the most processor-expensive games as resident evil 4 or tekken 4.
The problem with the emulator is that the compatibility page on the site says drakan TAG doesn't work,i didn't tried on my own beacause i don't have a copy of the game,but i'm downloading it from e-mule(i know it's illegal but i'm not going to pay if i'm almost sure it won't work for some time)...once tried i'll let you know how the games feels like..

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

Ah,i forgot to say that if you know well the C++ code you can even download the source code from the site...if any C-expert drakan fan is hearing my i'm preying on my knees:please,make drakan work!!!!

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hello pox!
This forum is about Drakan: Order of the Flame.
So I don't think this topic should be placed here.
Oh well, I just think this is awesome!
Just one little question:
Where did you get your bios?
Also, playing playstation 2 games on the pc is not legal,
unless you own a playstation 2. That's because the bios that
you need is protected by the copyright-law.

Greets,
Navaros' Twin

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

I remember trying the PCSX2 once as well, but it never worked. It would ALWAYS crash when I started it up, or would say it oculdn't find certain files needed to run (as to why they wouldn't include said files in installer is beyond me.)