Ideas about how to make this forum more lively

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Eris
Dragon

Ideas about how to make this forum more lively

Post by Eris »

don't know if this topic will be popular or no but i personally have loads of ideas. for example:
<h3><font color="white">what if we organize a great multiplayer games by inviting all the members of this forum by email, well it could be once a month or if once a month is too much, we can choose one day, for example the day when Drakan was released, give this day a name, tomething like 'the Day of Drakan' and gather all Drakan fans together, mmm, well, all the remaining Drakan fans. i really think it could attract many people who stopped playing Drakan but are still interested. have someone ever tried things like that? i know this can seem foolish but it's just an idea of a great fan of Drakan... so what d'you think?</font id="white"></h3>

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hmm, its not really practical to email everybody and there isn't a facility to mass email everyone with this forum. I created a events calendar though which you can add events and important dates. However if its going to be a major event, it could be advertised in a forum post and then made sticky as well as posted on the calendar.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Its good to see someone taking a interest in this topic. Last winter holidays, I sent a mass e-mail to over 100 past players telling them to come play. Some responded, but not to many showed during that week![8D]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Hey any ideas, I would help implement, cause its for a good reasonb![8D]

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

well if at least 10 players from 100 responded anyway that's something[;)]

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

<h3><font color="white">Hey ppl, who knows any alive forum related to Drakan (i know only PlanetDrakan)? we can post there invitations to play Drakan online on 18 august. if you help me with the links i'll do the rest. How d'you like this idea, hm?</font id="white"></h3>

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Right here at the Lair, Big E.
It's all right here.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

yes of course you're right, OW, it's just i thought we could attract more people by that... ok, then i'll try to find another way. i just want very-very-very much to gather a lot of people on 18 august, as much as possible

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

A.T., I'd forgotten about the Neoseeker board. Thank you for reminding me.

Eris, I know you're right. Lots of people only check in periodically, and an email would probably be more direct... but akin to shooting a shotgun at a gnat regarding how many would actually bite.
Seriously, best of luck getting lots of people online. That'd be SO fun, especially for the old-timers who miss it. Enthusiasm rules!

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

i visited the forums and it seems to me that it would take much time for me to register in them and things like that so don't you guys think it would be better if you make the announcement? cause you're experienced members of that forums and you'll better know how things are done there

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Since I was having MAJOR issues trying to get Drakan to work under XP (and I never totally succeeded), I sort of had a rest from it.

I'm still interested, it's just I not convinced Drakan will ever work as it's intended under XP.

And my Win98 computer isn't here, so I'm kinda stuck.

I'll have to get around to buying that Playstation2, so I can play the sequel (I have the game and it was hard getting it <i>after</i> so much time had gone by!) over and over instead.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

buckmana, the second Drakan game is 1000% worthy of your time.
If you can psych yourself into buying one just for Drakan, you'll be playing everything else in no time.
PS2 has a whoppingly huge library. It'd be a good purchase.
Drakan: The Ancients' Gates is a bit of a memory hog. 1.5 mb on an 8mb card.
Sentimentally, it's my favorite game.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

A word of warning; If you are thinking of getting a PS3, Drakan TAG DOES NOT work on a PS3 console unless Sony improve the console's backwards compatibility in the future.
It does however run on an American 1st generation PS3 as these consoles are the only models with the PS2 hardware in them; later models and models outside of the USA use software emulation and hence have limited backwards compatibility.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

A word of warning; If you are thinking of getting a PS3, Drakan TAG DOES NOT work on a PS3 console unless Sony improve the console's backwards compatibility in the future.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Typical!!!! [:(!]

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates is not the only PS2 game I have. I have five others and will probably buy more in the future.

But Drakan TAG is the most important one. [:D]

But I need to save some cash first. For each of these games, I have to buy a memory card for each of these. In my country, that amounts to $50-60 dollars per card.

It's weird, the cards cost as much as the games (I pay around $50 per game).

By the time I manage to save the money, there probably won't be any PS2s available. [:(]