Game crash

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
4tran
Hatchling

Game crash

Post by 4tran »

I have problem when I get up on the Dragon. Everything is Ok, except when I try to attack. I'm getting send/don't send XP crash.
This happens only when I'm riding the dragon?
I just managed to awake Arokh and now I'm stuck, any ideas?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Try disabling lens flare in graphic options or maybe something in sounds

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

This problem has cropped up before and it was mentioned on the Planet Drakan forums. However, they don't seem to be working at the moment but you can try later yourself if you want.
From what I remember it was something to do with incompatibility of certain sound cards and disabling A3D and / or EAX in the drakan engine options cures it.

Grinder
Hatchling

Post by Grinder »

I experinced terrible framerate drops followed by crashes while performing dragon attacks. The only solution I found is to disable antialiasing, but game still tends to crash frequently. My present GPU is Nvidia 8800 GT, my previous Ati card X800 performed just flawless without any crashes or freezes, so we should thank nvidia for incompatibility.

seagon
Hatchling

Post by seagon »

i got the same problem when i get on the dragon and try to atk it crashes[:(] but in multiplayer if i get on a dragon sometimes he then doesn`t crash but he still sometimes crahs[V]

Ria
Whelp

Post by Ria »

I had this problem aswell on my dads computer. Disabling lens flare worked for me, had no other problems with it after.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Worth keeping that in mind. It's useful to know all these little things that solve problems with the game.