And again DrakanMP

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
sham
Hatchling

Post by sham »

Greetings everyone!
Recently I've found the disk with Drakan, and while trying to make it work I came across your forum! I would like to play with you, what actions should I take do do it?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Hi Sham and welcome [:)].
So, the first thing you better do is downloading the 445 patch (you can find it somewhere on this site) and installing it, and it would be good to get GameSpy Arcade or better GameSpy 3D (www.gamespy3d.com/download). If you're having any trouble check out AT's help page (http://arokhslair.net/tech.html) and to find out more about Multiplayer go here: http://www.gamez.ru/talks/8537.htm

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I recommend obtaining Gamespy Comrade as well, but that's your choice.

Also, the Drakan_445SP1.exe program is <b>essential</b> if you want to use the SPB server. It modifies a core server listing (and restores it) so that this server can be accessed.

I also downloaded the Drakan Gold Pack, (get it here: http://www.drakan.uni.cc/ ). It's a <b>B-I-G</b> download, so broadband is essential.

From time to time, you will also need to visit Planet Drakan ( http://www.planetdrakan.com/ ) to download new levels. Make sure you have a gamespy account <i>before</i> you do this, because it requires a login for downloading the levels.

Some of the levels in the Gold Pack and from Planet Drakan are out of date and will crash the game because they are not identical to the server's one.

I don't know how to fix this and have given up trying.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Some of the levels in the Gold Pack and from Planet Drakan are out of date and will crash the game because they are not identical to the server's one.

I don't know how to fix this and have given up trying.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Whats A Gold Pack?!

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

It's a lot of fan designed levels and other stuff relating to Drakan in one massive zip file.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

where u get that at?

sham
Hatchling

Post by sham »

Thanks people, i'll try it now

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

http://www.drakan.uni.cc/

This is where the Gold Pack can be downloaded.

Planet Drakan for other levels.

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

Ill Get It Later.I Was Just Wondering..XD

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Today was my last day in Drakan so I decided to come here and say goodbye to everyone. Thanks very much to everyone who had ever played this great game with me, thx to all ppl who helped me with my problems when I only started playing, thx to forum and server administrators for keeping Drakan alive, big thx to gamedevelopers who created it and thankx to all ppl who had ever made smt good for Drakan.
I've spent very nice time with you...
(hope this post wasn't too sentimental :) ).
Good luck have fun[:)].

SubZero
Hatchling

Post by SubZero »

I Actually Dont Understand Exactly by "last day' but okay. Hope Somehow You Are Able to Come Back.See Ya'.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Nor do I, but hope you come back to play again and thanks for the comments.
BTW why are you no longer playing the game?

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Sad to see Eris leave, my guess is she has bad school marks, and her Dad flipped, and grounded her. or She found a way to immerse herself fully into the game, as the goddess Eris, turned to rynn. beware!

SubZero
Hatchling

Post by SubZero »

ok.
Well.I Want To Play Multiplayer With Someone Cause Im Lonely,Zienna Wont Come Cause She Says She Is To Busy Playing Them Stupid Starwars Games.
So Please?
Just Tell ME A Server Which Yall Will Be On. :D

mandark
Whelp

Post by mandark »

Whauw that's nice mate!