XP Crash

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Razor0075
Hatchling

Post by Razor0075 »

I dowloaded the save game that was posted on the first page of this thread many thanks for that, now what difficulty is it and how can I change it?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's normal difficulty but I don't know if you can change it once it is saved. You can try editing the drakan.cfg file; find the line that says someting like difficulty= and change the number to something between 0 and 3. The higher the number the harder it is but I don't know if it will affect a game in progress or not.

Razor0075
Hatchling

Post by Razor0075 »

apprantly the difficulty is set to 0 meaning it's easy thanks!

robins80
Hatchling

Post by robins80 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i>

This is another bug that occurs after installing the 445 patch but however this patch is required to play it on XP/2000. I have a save game I managed to create on my old PC as Drakan crashes on my current PC bought 4 years ago. Email me if you want it. Note that another game stopping bug can occur on the volcano world level; best follow the walkthrough (on this site) for that one to avoid it.

On some levels, you cannot go back to the previous one such as the first and second halves of the first level and the second level.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I recently acquired a copy of Draka, installed it, downloaded the 445 english patch and tried to install the patch. I get an error telling me that it cannot install because either a) I have the wrong language patch, b) the game is not installed or c) the installation has become corrupted. Is there any way around this?

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Is it definitley the English version of the game and a full original disk i.e not a pirated copy?

robins80
Hatchling

Post by robins80 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Admin</i>

Is it definitley the English version of the game and a full original disk i.e not a pirated copy?

Totally a legit copy.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I lost count how many times, do a fresh install, untill it all worked.

Re-Install again, make sure all files get deleted!

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

I remember someone having difficulty installing the patch because the system locale was not set to US or another English speaking country. Also this can occur if installing on a foreign version of windows.
I guess its an English version of XP and Drakan?

robins80
Hatchling

Post by robins80 »

I remember someone having difficulty installing the patch because the system locale was not set to US or another English speaking country. Also this can occur if installing on a foreign version of windows.
I guess its an English version of XP and Drakan?

Totally English

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

I don't know what to suggest other than uninstall it, make sure no game files are left, re-install full version including multiplayer and then install the patch. It sounds like the install is corrupt.

You could also try searching the planetdrakan forums as I have seen a few similar topics there. I would post you the links but the forum is very slow and I'm getting 500 internal server error. I guess they are having technical problems but you could try later.

Haven489
Hatchling

Post by Haven489 »

I dont know where to put the save files...if you could tell me, I just installed the game and im having that stupid crash problem =( WHY MY COMPUTER WHY!@@!!@!@!@!@!@!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Unzip them to ..\program files\psygnosis\drakan\saves where ..\ is the drive you have installed the game to. Usually C:\

Haven489
Hatchling

Post by Haven489 »

i dont have a saves file for some reason...

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Hey, if you're having problem with intro crash, why don't you just use Shelim's patch - topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2712 . It also solves the Alwarren bug. Pretty useful thing. Don't forget to download the downgrade patch and use it if you would ever like to try multi, because multi doesn't work with the patch installed...

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The save directory will not appear till you save a game. Save a game or create a saves folder