Problem with light at some points...

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Problem with light at some points...

Postby Woiwoidata » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey to you all! :)

I got back to BoD and decided to try out some of the mods again!

Got a problem with the Conquest mod by Sir Random. The problem consists of some places being pitch black. An example for that is the very first cave where the Death Sword is located and a orc is standing by some campfire, can't tell couse i can't see a damn thing :) Later on in the cave where you find the longsword if you play barbarian, dunno how i got there but it's the same situation - pitch black.

I use the OpenGL raster, couse that's the only way to get the game running without bugs on Win7 but apparently this one got me... I think the raster is causing this problem. I remember vaguely when i played the mod on Win XP i got no such problems. If i use the other rasters the game either does not start or if it starts the menus don't show or loose highlight...

Sorry if this is being asked but if someone have any ideas, please do tell! :)

Thanks!

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Woiwoidata, welcome aboard!

Conquest was made for Direct3D, and OpenGL makes atmospheres denser so that's why those areas are very dark [:(]

I thought about fixing it for OpenGL and making the savegame work, but I haven't got around to it yet. I'll fix the dark areas and upload a new version of the map tomorrow.

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Thank you for answer Sir Random! :)

So it's the raster causing this, as suspected. Though, i don't have any problems with the build in save system and checkpoints - they work good. But you may be referring to the save system from the main menu? I didn't tried saving that way ;)

But thanks for the good mod, to you and all that keep the game alive - wish you all health and prosperity for the future. Good luck! ;)

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Ok, Conquest_GL is now available here:

http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods/

I reduced the darker atmospheres so it should be easier to find your way around.

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Works flawlessly, good work!

Only one thing - i needed to rename the archived folder from Conquest to conquest2 else the BoDLoader did not wanted to install it ;)

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks, I'll fix that.

OpenGL may cause problems where there are multiple flames in view, let me know if you have any crashes.

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Hey again :)

I've been messing with that GL raster, testing some mods and here are some highlights.

The fog in the different mods, if present, is abnormally thick. I've tried WizardsDomain and Fugitive 1 and while the Fugitive mod is bearable [yet way too foggy] the WizDom is simply unplayable...

My question is if there is a way to disable fog at all, or it must be done for every single map individually? If there is some command or file edit, please say what must be done :)

And while am at it, ill report some bugs :)

On Fugitive 1 by prospero, despite the fog problem, i had trouble loading saves. I used the 1.3 version and the saves just stuck at the loading screen. I dunno how i fixed that, probably reainstalling the mods fixed it, no idea :) I remember that i tried the old map version with the manual install before reintalling the mod and the save loading worked. Removed the map version, reinstalled the mod 1.3 version and the saves started to load.

Found a invisible weapon on the map it was named a wooden stick or staff i forgot. Probably for the amazon. Maybe i didn't installed something?

On Fugitive 2 by prospero in the big hall where you fight the bad guy with the Dal's sword and shield , after dealing with him and the arctic lesser demon i got stuck. I heard someone talking but no one comes after that. I suppose the wooden door to the left must open couse after hitting it i hit someone behind it. Had a save just before the fight, killed him a few times but no luck - the door's not opening. I may try reinstalling the mod and trying it again.

Also on the intro of the map where the orcs attack you, sometimes the ones that walk up the walkway [the two skinny orcs and the one big orc] stop walking half the way or turn backwards when the fighting sequence begin, sometimes some of them disappear during the fight, but i think it's a rare bug.

Ah and one more, in the start where you are in the cell after getting the ladle to knock on the bars to get the attention of the guard one of the wounded knights [the left one i think] is getting up and starts running randomly sometimes even disappearing and appearing out of nowhere, dunno if that's normal. :)

Hope this helps.

Dunno if all the things i said are GL raster related but the fog problem definitely is...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 am

Hi Woiwoidata

I'm going to fix these mods for OGL, but at the moment the MP files are on my old PC that is away getting fixed.

Haven't played FII for years. There are probably a few bugs in it. [:I]

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 am

Good to know man, thanks for the effort! ;)

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Hey again!

Prospero, i tried the fugitive 2 mod again today and i got stuck in the same place...

<i>On Fugitive 2 by prospero in the big hall where you fight the bad guy with the Dal's sword and shield , after dealing with him and the arctic lesser demon i got stuck. I heard someone talking but no one comes after that. I suppose the wooden door to the left must open couse after hitting it i hit someone behind it. Had a save just before the fight, killed him a few times but no luck - the door's not opening. I may try reinstalling the mod and trying it again.</i>

...made a save just before the fight with the bad guy, if that may help you in some way i will send the save to you.

Also, tried fugitive 3 and i must say well done! No bugs whatsoever. Any word on fugitive 4? :- )

Lord William
Whelp

Postby Lord William » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:21 am

Sir Random,
Thanks for the OGL fix - in some places Conquest was impossible because of the darkness in certain areas (ie, the cave near the beginning of the level.

Now only if you could put a "Save" option into the mod - it's a great mod but it's hard to do in one sitting. I've never been able to play all the way through to the end.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Woiwoidata</i>

Hey again!

Prospero, i tried the fugitive 2 mod again today and i got stuck in the same place...

<i>On Fugitive 2 by prospero in the big hall where you fight the bad guy with the Dal's sword and shield , after dealing with him and the arctic lesser demon i got stuck. I heard someone talking but no one comes after that. I suppose the wooden door to the left must open couse after hitting it i hit someone behind it. Had a save just before the fight, killed him a few times but no luck - the door's not opening. I may try reinstalling the mod and trying it again.</i>

...made a save just before the fight with the bad guy, if that may help you in some way i will send the save to you.

Also, tried fugitive 3 and i must say well done! No bugs whatsoever. Any word on fugitive 4? :- )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I know the part you mean. I'll give it play through and see if I get the same bug. Haven't played it for years.[:I]

I recently stripped the original FIV pt1 down to completely re-code it.
There have been so many new things in the world of BOD modding since I started it that I kept putting bits in and the whole thing got very complicated. Hope to get back to it before long.....

Woiwoidata
Whelp

Postby Woiwoidata » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 am

Oh damn, nevermind it - i was playing a outdated version am really stupid : )

Those bugs are on version 1.0, i found version 1.1 and the bug is gone - the door opens! Dunno where i got the outdated version...

Good to know about FugIV, good luck with it! ;)

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lord William</i>

Sir Random,
Thanks for the OGL fix - in some places Conquest was impossible because of the darkness in certain areas (ie, the cave near the beginning of the level.

Now only if you could put a "Save" option into the mod - it's a great mod but it's hard to do in one sitting. I've never been able to play all the way through to the end.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hi Lord William,
I'm working on some complicated stuff for my new mod atm and I don't want to get too distracted, but I'll have a look at fixing the Save option when I get a chance.
Sorry you never got to finish it yet, all the best stuff is at the end [:)]

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm

I seem to remember somewhere in the dim and distant past looking at making Conquest saveable. I remember doing Stavros's Vengeance but I think Conquest was a bit more complicated....

I you don't mind me tampering SR, I'll have a go. [:D]

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”