Window Seven

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
NewVolt
Hatchling

Window Seven

Post by NewVolt »

Hey guys! Someone know if Drakan OotF runs in windows seven?? Thanks!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes it does but you will need to patch the game to V445

NewVolt
Hatchling

Post by NewVolt »

Great man! That's good news! Do you know where can i find this patch? Do you have it? Or could you show me where can i find it? Thanks!

NewVolt
Hatchling

Post by NewVolt »

And could you please explain how can I install it? Thanks a lot!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Install the game from the CD as normal like any other game. Then, after installing the game, just download and run the patch. It can be downloaded from this site www.arokhslair.net/downloads.html

After installing it you will need to enable developer mode to get the game to work otherwise it will just crash when you start it. This can be done by holding shift whilst starting the game (from start menu or desktop shortcut) and clicking on the developer tab in the riot engine options. Tick enable developer mode and click OK. Once in the game click on new game and select the level 'ruined village' to start the game.

The reason for this palaver is because the game was originally written for Windows 98/ME. Windows XP and later were not around when the game was released. The patch is required so it will run correctly and also to fix bugs, multiplayer etc,

NewVolt
Hatchling

Post by NewVolt »

Thanks man! I'll try here.

TremeX73
Hatchling

Post by TremeX73 »

I'm running the game on Windows 7 with the 445++ patch installed. And it seems to work fine (without enter the developer mode).
I get a crash just at the end of the movie interlude, the one when Rynn and Arokh link each other, in the final of the first level. If I skip the movie, the second level loads normally and I can play. This means that I cannot see the end of the movie ^___^
Not serious but annoying.

Mady
Whelp

Post by Mady »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TremeX73</i>

I'm running the game on Windows 7 with the 445++ patch installed. And it seems to work fine (without enter the developer mode).
I get a crash just at the end of the movie interlude, the one when Rynn and Arokh link each other, in the final of the first level. If I skip the movie, the second level loads normally and I can play. This means that I cannot see the end of the movie ^___^
Not serious but annoying.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi, I got the same problem as you.
And everytime I fight an other dragon my engine make a crash, I got the 444 patch, 445, and the ++, can someone help me?

Mady
Whelp

Post by Mady »

I think I have found out how you fix the engine bug in game ( not the new game, you still got to have the patch to start a new game ).
In the game, you go to options, and graphics, and dissable the " Lens Flare Effect ".
The boring thing is that you enemys dissapear after that you kill em', but the game is working.
Elwaren bug is still there, what you have to do is = start engine options and unable dirthering ( hope I have spell it right. . .), The crash will still be there, but by fire aroks fireball when exiting you can go, have worked for me once, and one time it worked to exit backwards, with the tail first. Hope it works for you to! =)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, glad to hear you found a solution. Many of the game crashes are related to graphics settings and video hardware. What video card do you have in your machine?

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Disabling freelook prior to exiting Alwarren is also possible solution but I need someone to confirm this ;)

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

Yep, yes-sur-ree, you bet you, turn off freelook in options has always worked for me to leave Alwarren. Just before you leave turn it off and right after you are out turn it back on.

Rhapsody
Hatchling

Re: Window Seven

Post by Rhapsody »

Ok, I will have to try the patches. I havent played the Order of the Flame for years and am on my third run through of the Ancients Gates. I just cannot say goodbye to the Drakan Universe. "Arokh!" LOL! :D I love that dragon! I miss the Order of the Flame a ton. Iv started writing short stories just to get myself back to Drakan. Perhaps I will post when I am finished writing the one I am working on.

DrakanFan1
Hatchling

Post by DrakanFan1 »

Hi, all! I just recently played Drakan TAG for PS2 and loved it beyond measure! Easily one of the greatest and most under-recongized game in the history of games.

I know this has pretty much already been answered here, but I need confirmation. I have a Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit system and about 2GB RAM. If you need more specs to help me, you will need to tell me how to access them.

Anyway, loved Drakan TAG so much that I now want to buy OOTF for my PC. However, due to its rarity it is very expensive and I do not want to make a move without total confirmation that it will work on my system. Thanks.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Whilst there is no absolute guarantees that it will work I'm 90% certain it will and if not can be got working with minimum of fuss. The 32 bit version of Windows 7 is generally more backwards compatible with older software so you have a better chance than with 64 bit. The only thing I will need to tell you for sure is for you to tell me what video card you have.

2Gb RAM is more than enough to run the game. To get your system specs right click on computer and go to properties (or Manage then device manager) which will give you a list of hardware in your system. You can find out what video card you have here.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair