Drakan?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Faerith
Dragon

Drakan?

Post by Faerith »

Hey guys.. is everyone loosing interst in this game? I dont see anybody on lately :<

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

There hasn't been much interest in the last few years unfortunatley. This is due to the game being old and it's problems with Windows 7 - it won't work unless patched rightaway. Also there are problems with the level editor on Vista / Win7 which has caused the demise of new levels being created. I keep the site going because there are still a lot of visitors (I can see this from the server logs) but not many people post on the forum.

There are only really a handfull of fans left some of which are skilled programmers and are activley improving the game such as sorting bugs and making improvements. Only problem is there isn't many who can appreciate them. This web site helps of course and I believe this is the only original Drakan fan site left. It wil be around for a while yet though - I don't intend to close it down any time soon.

You might find this site useful http://www.moddb.com/mods/drakan-10th-anniversary

PaperJack
Hatchling

Post by PaperJack »

I really love Drakan and I hope this site will never die :)
It fills me with hope knowing there still are people that are passionate about this awesome game!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hear, Hear!
I love this site, and wish for some renewed interest in Drakan on a WORLD scale.
Say... with the resurrection of the 'franchise', and a buttload of money and advertising poured into it!

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Yeah, that would be awesome but it's sadly pretty impossible...

Even republish of the game on GOG could be a huge attractor for community, bud sadly guys on GOG seems to be a bit afraid of tech support of such buggy game ^^'

Lightning crystal
Hatchling

Post by Lightning crystal »

I will never loose interest to Drakan.That is my first game I have played and it stays the best game I have ever played.I have been completing it three times.Never will go out game which will transcend Drakan.The music is so magnificent...I have never heard before such gorgeous soundtracks.I listen to them every day.The freedom I feel is indescribable.My favourite is Aroks' First Flight.At the moment I am playing the second part Drakan The Ancients'Gates.It's so good.I am happy that have people who still appreciate this legendary game and I am happy that I found this forum and I hope it won't be closed down.Drakan will never be forgotten!

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

I'm sure there will always be lovers of this game, but we just need to keep the events alive a bit more ^^;