unzipping player made levels?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
sinope
Hatchling

unzipping player made levels?

Post by sinope »

thank's to all the helpful info on here iv'e just managed to complete order of the flame [:D] so thought i'd try some of the player made level's , i have created new folder's within the drakan file with the level name i.e snowy in the mountain world so the file has somewhere to go but when i try to unzip it there i get an access is denied message. not sure what i'm doing wrong ? so any advice would be appreciated .

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Is the level you are unzipping a self extracting .zip (.exe) or just a normal .zip file? If you are using a self extracting one that error will appear if the directory already exists. Self extractors should unzip in the correct place without having to create a folder first. Most levels come with installation readme files - if you are on Vista / 7 open the .zip file in windows first to see the readme. If on XP unzip to a temp folder and copy to correct place.

Also if you are using Vista / Windows 7 try running it as an administrator. What are your system specs?

sinope
Hatchling

Post by sinope »

i'm on windows 7 64bit with intel(r) prentium(r) cpu . i'm not very technically minded so not sure if that helps [:I] but have tried extracting from my downloads rather than winrar and i seem to have gained 10 new levels when i start up so must've done something right [:)] but wouldn't have had a clue without you pointing me in the right direction [;)]. there is still some levels that haven't appeared but i'l have another try tomorrow ( up for work at 5 [:0] ) thanks for your help A.T [:D]

Admin
Dragon

Post by Admin »

Glad to hear you got it sorted