mage powers (possible spoiler)

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Erugeboren
Whelp

mage powers (possible spoiler)

Post by Erugeboren »

has anyone gotten all the level 3 spells, thats what i did and they are pretty cool, ( i hoped the higher level fear and timeslow would be more powerful not just last longer)
but not only are the others more power ful they have cool side effects, Like if you dont lock on with higher level lightning you can hit multiple targets and kill them at the same time. or once i was fighting Daemog the yeti and using level three freeze made it flinch, i had NEVER thought anything would make that big thing flinch
the third soul steal is cool, if you got time it heals you three times, other wise they are expensive and i am out of money

also i didnt use any weapons except a shield and the dagger, i think it takes twenty five hits to kill the average half man, the hardest part so far as a mage was fighting in the ice caves, because i couldnt block the lasers( i could block the weapons of the halfmen with the dagger) and using timeslow or clone took most of my energy and i never bought any as a rule.

i plan on ending with five levels of melee and rebuying the lastats blade because it is the coolest looking,

the best part about using magic is all the room you got in you carrying screen, i usually just had my armor, a dagger a shield and the random potion or rusty blade i picked up

any ways it is fun to place limitations to make the game more challenging. later

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

I got all of the spells at heir highest levels since I spent most of my exp on magic the first time I played I love the level three lightning spell and the one rynn uses with the spinning blade about the third time I played the game through I used only the dagger and spent no points on melee it was a bit more of a challenge that way

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I love the spells but if you want to be a mage they arent blanaced out enough with damage to mana cost. The impale spell which is the one with the spinning blade costs way to much for the amount of damage. You can't be a mage surrounded by 4 of those ninjas on your way to stratos and than only be able to use the spell 2 times to kill 1 of them. Way to dangerous. I think if that spell hit multiple enemies at one time it would be an awesome spell but unfortunatly it was PS2 ONLY SO NO UPDATES Bah.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

I did use the spare points on archery because mage150 is right there are some places where magic won't cover every battle for you just like archery and melee have their weakness's as well so it's good to have a back up of low to medium level melee or archery just in case