Multiplayer BOD mod in a new engine.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 am

Fantastic :D btw don't forget to use the flesh sound on the gibs it sounded like metal on the video. ;)

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:27 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Argoon</i>

Fantastic :D btw don't forget to use the flesh sound on the gibs it sounded like metal on the video. ;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yeah, that's the default sound for a moveable object. I'll add a nice fleshy sound and some blood pools. [:)]

Argoon
Dragon

Postby Argoon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Awesome :D

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Amazing !!!!

Sir Random
Dragon

Re: Multiplayer BOD mod in a new engine.

Postby Sir Random » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am

Just an update on this, I've been working on a stand-alone version of Doom3 (with co-op) which I'll use as a base for the BoD project. Then it can be released as 'open source' for anyone to do what they want. There won't be any mod tools, but editors like' DarkRadiant' can be used to build maps and add entities. The Blade textures still need to be converted and new materials made, everything else is pretty much done.

There won't really be anything to show until it's finished, but I'll post any news in the meantime.
Mods: http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods

"The only solution is to solve the whole mystery, and return home as soon as possible."

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:59 am

That's good news, SR. :D
Co-op! 8) Oh buddy, amazing, really great! :mrgreen:
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

Haraldzz
Dragon

Postby Haraldzz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Interesting indeed.

sfb
Dragon

Postby sfb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 am

Great news Sir Random, keep up the good work...

cheers
sfb

ianna keeper_

Postby ianna keeper_ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 am

Most likely there won't be multiplayer but since Sir Random is going to release source, it's possible to implement existing Doom3 MP codes to it.

Great work SR!

Daxon
Dragon

Postby Daxon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Its a great work you are doing guys, we must make you a sculpture

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Postby Ianna Keeper » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm still waiting for some dope fresh news on this :)

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:10 am

I'm still waiting for some dope fresh news on this :)
Ok, I have the guts of a stand-alone engine working with in-built tools for editing maps, particles, etc, so modding can now be done within the game. There are still many Doom scripts that need to be re-written, but the core BoD functionality is all there.

As it stands, the Barb can use multiple weapons (including bow) + attacks & combos, he can interact with levers, torches, etc, and pick up items. The other 'player' chars need to be done, but it's very time consuming to add the appropriate footstep, armour, clothing, and grunt sounds to every animation for every character. The same needs to be done for the enemies. I have done 99% of the work for the Ork, Mino, & Troll, and about 50% of the other enemies.

I don't want to release anything without a decent playable map, and that could take the best part of a year to make. The BoD textures still need to be converted to Doom materials with 'normal' and 'specular' maps, before mapping even starts. 'Bladeghost' on D3World was going to replicate some BoD maps, but he is working full time on his 'Prometheus' mod.
Mods: http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods

"The only solution is to solve the whole mystery, and return home as soon as possible."

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Stumbled across this thread while poking around to see how the community was doing, and registered just now to say how excited I am to for the work that you've shown off here. Perhaps more than anything, I'm looking forward to using the tools to experiment with building levels as sadly I could never get BoDs actual editor to run!

sfb
Dragon

Postby sfb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 am

That's great progress Sir Random. I was wondering if it was possible to use any existing maps from http://www.doom3world.org/index.php. I've downloaded a few from there that would suit severance very well. Obviously you would need permission from the authors but it could definitely speed up the progress and give the community something to work with. Anyway it's just a thought, i'm happy to ask on your behalf.

cheers
sfb

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Postby Ianna Keeper » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am

great news indeed!

I really want to help on making it. I have very limited time but in long term it may work. You already know I can create maps in Doom3. What kind/size of maps are we talking btw? Same levels of bod or new places? I vote for new because it'll be more fun to explore. Give me other details such as player height in doom3 for reference and I'll start on mapping. :)

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”