Drakan dedicated multiplayer server running

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Drakan dedicated multiplayer server running

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I have started a multiplayer hamachi network and verified it does work and players can connect however the other player disconnected frequently.
Here are the details, note they are case sensitive:-

ID arokhslair.net
password drakan
IP address 25.169.28.164

(Ditched for now, see bottom paragraphs in italic of this topic)

I will be running the dedicated server whenever my PC is switched on. I'm in GMT timezone and usually have the PC on in the evenings and weekends.

NOTE: The server will be patched with the 10th Anniversary mod as this is the only way I can get it to work. You will have to install this on your game to be able to play on my server - if not you will get an error stating your files do not match those of the server.

It supports up to 4 players and is running on a fibre connection with 40Mb connection speed. I was playing with one player and they got frequent disconnects; it would be great to verify if this server works reliably so if you have any problems just reply to this post. Also if it works fine let me know too.
Thanks

EDIT: After some more testing today (28th April) players are being disconnected within seconds so I think its Hamachi. The other players confirm the server 'the last weyr of Drakan' works fine and that's not using Hamachi or the 10th anniversary patch. If you want to connect the normal way to my server add the following IP to your game browser:-

Hopefully this will stop players being disconnected, if not then it may be the 10th anniversary mod that's causing it. Not a firewall issue as I disabled both hardware and software with no luck. Will continue to test as and when I get time and players are available. Also without Hamachi running the game is now registered on the master server so you can find it with the gamespy server browser.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Shelim
Dragon

Re: Drakan dedicated multiplayer server running

Post by Shelim »

Am I understanding correctly that other clients are disconnecting during play after short amount of time even having the same version? That's really strange...
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes, within seconds. Could have been due to an internet connection problem though will see how it goes.

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

If we could somehow schedule times that people play, that might be nice. It must be 2004 since I last made it into a match that someone else joined. I'd kill to play again.
Strange things are afoot at the circle K.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Typically the server will be on 11am-11pm Sat / Sun and 18:00 to 22:00 Mon-Fri GMT times but that depends on if I'm away or not as I don't have a dedicated PC to run it on so the server will be running whenever my PC is switched on. It's kinda awkward but it's the best I can do at the moment.

We have a schedule / events calendar on the main site if anyone wants to use it. Ill see if I can get some time today to test it as I have the afternoon off work.

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

Are there any gamespy servers running anymore :?
Arokh: 'I can't fly here, I can't fly here, I can't fly here, I can't fly here! .. Ryn: Oh be quiet.'

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Does not appear to be any servers online unless they are just not registering with gamespy anymore.

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

Ah nuts. I may concider running a 445 server when I get the parts for my spare computer

Looks like i have to go downloading some software for now XD
Arokh: 'I can't fly here, I can't fly here, I can't fly here, I can't fly here! .. Ryn: Oh be quiet.'

SteelLion

Post by SteelLion »

213.21.5.131 27046
Started about two month ago.
Works 24 hours per day, registred on gamespy masterserver.
But no one comes...

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I can see your server if I add it to the game manually - the server does not appear in the game browser screen so I think there's a problem with the game being able to get the list of available servers from the master. Your server is definitley registering properly as it can be seen from gamespy so it must be a problem with the game's browser or my settings are incorrect. I have seen a post on Gamespy's forums which was posted back in February that gamespy is in the process of being wound down but the master servers are still working.

Ill add your IP to the list on the main website and post it in the news if that helps. Hopefully you should get some players joining.

Thanks for the heads up.

Please can you confirm your drakan.cfg setting for the gamespy master server as I have master.gamespy.com:27900 and master0.gamespy.com:27900 which may be outdated now.

SteelLion

Post by SteelLion »

I had the same problem with the game's multiplayer servers browser when trying to connect
homeserver from remote machine at my work. It can't find it without manual IP adding.
Some troubles with masterserver as I think.
Also, long ago, I've found that master server "drops connection" after few days or hours
of dedicated server running. In other words dedicated server works on home PC, available
to accept players (tested from work PC), but it not lised in gamespy.
Therefore just in case, to make sure I configured dedicated PC to restart
Drakan server every 2 hours. So - if server not listed - it will be in next two hours.
Of course if electricity is present, and ISP is not down...

If anyone have suggestions to change levellist - I glad to accept it

Just copied from my drakan.cfg:
set MasterServerList "master.gamespy.com:27900"

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Settings are the same as mine. My server refuses to register with the master server but another player can confirm it works if added manually. I'm running the 10th anniversary patch on mine.

Edit: This is now fixed - was a firewall configuration issue on my router. Obviously will only register on the master server if not running via Hamachi.

Angiesaurus
Hatchling

Post by Angiesaurus »

I feel silly for asking this, but I CANNOT find the drakan.cfg file to save my life. :oops: Should it be in the main game folder? I'm fairly certain I've gone through every folder, to no avail.

EDIT: Nevermind, it finally appeared :)

Master Higgs III

Post by Master Higgs III »

Tells me Hamachi network does not exist.

arohkslair.net

Master Higgs III

Post by Master Higgs III »

I see now that the K comes before the H. I fear I'm slowly growing blinder by the day -_-;;