Drakan dedicated multiplayer server running

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Master Higgs III

Re: Drakan dedicated multiplayer server running

Post by Master Higgs III »

Where my drakaners at, I need to procrastinate.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Alternative server (running the standard 445 patch) http://www.arokhslair.net/wp/general/up ... rver-list/

Note that mine is not running 24.7 as it's running on my home PC - I no longer have a dedicated machine to run it on.
Times are typically 18:00 to 22:00 Mon-Fri & 12:00 - 22:00 Sat-Sun UK (GMT) times but it depends if I'm home or not or if I forget to launch the server. Also my server does not register with the master server so add the IP address manually.

It was running for a number of weeks and only ever saw one player on it so I don't think many play the game now. The other server operator said the same. Ill keep the server going though whilst my machine is on.

Years ago this website and a dedicated game server was running on an old windows NT 4.0 box I had at home. After the website was hacked I moved it to a hosting company and as players declined I got rid of the old server. It was a waste of electricity having another machine on when no-one using it.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Haha, Shrum looking for preys :D I still have problems with my internet provider's firewall, so I always get kicked out after 30 secs. Will see if I can come online late in the evening at work sometime.
Cheers to the two server admins ^__^ Oh, and the website looks really nice now imho :)