Fan Art

Discuss anything related to computer games and fantasy in general. Other fantasy games, games with dragons in, fantasy artwork etc are welcome here too. Posts are auto pruned after 3 months if not viewed. Please post Drakan related topics to the relevant forums below.
Cookie
Whelp

Fan Art

Post by Cookie »

A topic dedicated to fan art related to Drakan and dragons....and all sorts of fantasy stuff. Feel free to post your works, but please respect the following criteria:
--------
-no offensive materials; if there's anything unsuitable for everyone to see, please specify
-if you post someone else's work, give credits to the author
-be polite and only criticize if the author is requesting so
--------

I hereby open this topic with a personal piece I did a few months back. It's a digital drawing. Did it in photoshop cs 6 with a Wacom Intuos 5 tablet.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 9091_n.jpg
-----"Quote of a famous person to make myself look cultured and sh*t" - Johnny Depp

Shelim
Dragon

Re: Fan Art

Post by Shelim »

Nice! :)

I am doing animations in my spare time, like this:

(Pretty old one, from 2009 I think)

(Collab with a friend who wished to remain anonymous)

And many, many more on my DeviantArt page
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

I've always been curious about the making of these. Do you do them in a special program dedicated to such things, or you draw frame by frame and just use a GIF maker? Also, since you work with those small animations, I reckon you know some stuff about animation programs, no? I always wanted to do a long (5 min or so) animation, what software should I use? PS I don't wanna go for flash,the image turns out so...cartoonish. That's not suitable for the kind of thing I wanna do.
-------
late edit:
I forgot I also have this on my gallery:
black ink pen (liner) dragon on 50x70 cm paper
FULL
detail 1
detail 2
------
My gallery:
www.facebook.com/kristport
-----"Quote of a famous person to make myself look cultured and sh*t" - Johnny Depp

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Cookie wrote:Do you do them in a special program dedicated to such things, or you draw frame by frame and just use a GIF maker?
More or less I do draw frame by frame ;)
Cookie wrote:I reckon you know some stuff about animation programs, no? I always wanted to do a long (5 min or so) animation, what software should I use?
To stress out, 5 min long animation will require about 2-3 months of work. And I really don't recommend starting animating with such huge project, as it's likely fail because of lack of experience... If you really want to try, then the only reasonable answer is the one you ruled out, Flash. Oh well, if you're good at drawing you can also try Adobe After Effects and its puppet tool :)
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

back with another piece :D

http://i.imgur.com/9y1r6Gt.jpg

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Nice! Great work. I like that.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Cookie
Whelp

Post by Cookie »

Neoslive
Hatchling

Post by Neoslive »

been a while.

here's an unfinished piece with a different take on Werokh encounter. This time, no Arokh. It's bound to end differently this time, isn't it?

Most probably I will never finish it. I just can't really find the incentive to do art for a dead game, since it gives nothing in return. If I somehow decide to come back on it, i'll post it here.

Neoslive
Hatchling

Post by Neoslive »

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Good artwork - yep that'll end badly for Rynn. Have you done any more Drakan artwork?

Neoslive
Hatchling

Post by Neoslive »

The one I posted few years back in this topic, on the user name Cookie. I forgot that account's credentials. But I do have more dragon drawings, just not Drakan. Ill post them here

Edit:
I'm currently working on this but it's early in progress so it is subject to change. Alot.

Neoslive
Hatchling

Post by Neoslive »

Some more dragons I found stored on my drive

the traditional one is 2012.
the digitals are 2013 and 2014 i think

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I like the artwork - keep them coming. As for your old account I could reset the password for you - as long as you haven't changed your email address associated with it then it will be fine.

Neoslive
Hatchling

Post by Neoslive »

I don't really mind. It's the same thing to me whether I post from this one or the other. I'll keep posting if I have more related stuff. I'll probably make a comic book for my diploma work at uni and it may or may not imply drawing more dragons.

chapomon
Hatchling

Post by chapomon »

Whoa, Neoslive, I love that sketch of Rynn and Werokh!