Weapons dissapearing, and how to get them back.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Alric
Hatchling

Weapons dissapearing, and how to get them back.

Postby Alric » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:42 am

Recently I tried to expand the number of weapon slots on a playthrough using the directions given on this forum. However, occasionally weapons will disappear from my inventory when going to a new level, forcing me to reload from a past game. Any idea as to how to prevent this, or to readd the weapons to my inventory? For example, when playing the Fortress of Nemrut level my character's Long Sword from the Tomb level disappeared. I tried putting it back into my inventory but the game crashes when loading the saved game (and yes, I did make a backup of the original save before trying this :P ). The sword is noted in the level's Armas.py as "NoName8," but I think that name is used for an unrelated item in the Nemrut level. I recall I still had the long sword on that level on my first playthrough, so I wonder what's up.

khairaoui
Whelp

Re: Weapons dissapearing, and how to get them back.

Postby khairaoui » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:52 pm

i dunno exacly the problem it's strange a little bit but u can try this it's helful : in the map where your weapons disapear find a file named pj.py open it with bloc note and in the end of lines add this :

o=Bladex.CreateEntity("barEclipse","Eclipse",0,0,0,"Weapon")
ItemTypes.ItemDefaultFuncs (o)
Actions.TakeObject("Player1","barEclipse")

but change bar to the character you play with, knight for exp type ( kgt ) or amazon ( amz ) and in the place of Eclipse change it with the name of weapon u want . that's it :D
Good luck

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: Weapons dissapearing, and how to get them back.

Postby prospero » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:42 am

Sounds like the max weapons value is not being reset before the inventory is rebuilt in the load routine.....

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”