Bizarre (and hilarious) multiplayer glitch...

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Mechanist
Dragon

Bizarre (and hilarious) multiplayer glitch...

Post by Mechanist »

We (me and henniferbob) were messing around in the Dragon Sea MP level today, and I had a funny glitch happen to me.

At the start of the level, we stayed at our spawn points (very far from each other) for a few minutes to chat while checking out the idle animations.
Henniferbob then went ahead to explore the level, and a short while later I also flew in that direction. It's a huge shame I wasn't recording at the time, because what subsequently transpired was pure comedy gold:
I found henniferbob still idle at her spawn point, so I went exploring in the other direction. We chatted a bit, and then she asked me where I was at the time, so I returned to where she was a few minutes before. Still sitting there, I see.

That's when the insanity started to set in, since the ensuing conversation was becoming increasingly disjoint from what I was seeing right in front of me.
Finally I had realized what happened, right after she asked if I can see her shooting fireballs around - while she appeared to be still sitting idle at the spawn point, with no fireballs anywhere in sight! So that was clearly a duplicate of her... :shock:

But when she flew over to check out her clone, it suddenly vanished right as she came into view :(

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Bizarre (and hilarious) multiplayer glitch...

Post by UCyborg »

Interesting...cool level though.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Mechanist
Dragon

Post by Mechanist »

Any idea what might have happened there, though?

And yes, it's a very nice level.
Interestingly, there is one (underwater) area in it that can only be reached by glitching your dragon under the water's surface. But the water is actually kinda dry, so there's no risk of drowning :D

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Any idea what might have happened there, though?

Nope.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Mechanist
Dragon

Post by Mechanist »

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Mechanist wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:43 pm Another one to add to the collection. :mrgreen:

It's already on my list of known issues.

In multiplayer, players that had their game minimized and in full screen mode during level transition will slide across the level until their game is restored.

You can have that or being disconnected from the server. if one wants to be AFK and not draw attention, there's borderless windowed mode.