Trouble Loading Save Game

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Ovrki1
Hatchling

Trouble Loading Save Game

Post by Ovrki1 »

First I did a fresh reinstall from my original disk to use with the new community patch. Now that I have the new stuff working, I am having trouble loading my save game. I kept the files that save by default in the Documents folder and now they aren't showing as a selection in the load menu. Any advice on how to get my previous save game working with my fresh install would be greatly appreciated. btw first post so hi/ Drakan is my favorite game :)

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Trouble Loading Save Game

Post by UCyborg »

Paste this into Explorer's address bar: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Drakan

It will open your personal Drakan folder, in which there should be a folder called Saves with actual saved files.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Ovrki1
Hatchling

Post by Ovrki1 »

Yeah they're gone. Too bad. They must have gotten cleaned up with the uninstall.

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

Did you check the folder where the game is installed now? Maybe you still have them there from before and you can just move them to the folder I mentioned.

Anyway, to be absolutely sure, open This PC (or My computer, you didn't specify which Windows are you using so I can't tell how it's called on your machine) and type *.rsg in the search bar. If the saves still exist somewhere on your computer, they should be found that way.

Drakan's uninstaller doesn't delete saves on uninstall.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Mechanist
Dragon

Post by Mechanist »

UCyborg wrote:Drakan's uninstaller doesn't delete saves on uninstall.
Neither does the Community Patch uninstaller, for that matter.
Nor does it even write anything to the user's Documents folder.