I have got a new PC.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

prospero
Ancient Dragon

I have got a new PC.

Postby prospero » Sun May 12, 2019 5:12 pm

I have got a new PC. :D

BOD runs like a dream with one or two issues that someone might help me with.

The loading screens and the opening movie don't show. The progress bar is OK.

:|

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: I have got a new PC.

Postby prospero » Sun May 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Second and more serious glitch......

Whenever I touch the mouse I loose all control over the view. Moving the mouse just spins the Player around on the spot
and there is nothing I can do. This makes the game unplayable.

Anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you fix it? :roll:

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun May 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Hello, Prospero. :)
I am happy for the good news.
Sometimes I have also needed a new computer, to continue working...
When I install BoD in a new computer, sometimes these problems arose: The words are black, the video of the beginning is not seen or the game is blocked at the beginning, the loading screens do not show or blinks ...

Well, as you know, it may be due to incompatibility with Windows or with the graphics card.

The game worked well in Windows XP...

The problem of the black letters, is corrected with the OpenGL graphic mode.

The problem with the video of the beginning, depends on if you have the old codecs or not. To save the conflict, modify the name of the video or delete it, or go to the part where the code is running the video and comment it with #. So the video should not provoke anything, but it will not be seen either.

The other compatibility problems with software and hardware, could be solved if we configure the executable file (Blade.exe) in "Windows XP compatibility mode". It is not 100% sure, but it should work.

I had other unexpected errors, while testing the Hyperborean Mod; but that would be due to conflicts in the code, due to its complexity.

The low performance or slowdown, can be for too many particles, special effects, lights or shadows ... This depends on the graphics card, or if there is enough RAM. The RAS engine works well with a lot of data load, whether they are variables or loops of functions ... the limit is put by the hardware capacity and software compatibility.

Greetings to all friends. :)
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

MBK_MBK
Dragon

Postby MBK_MBK » Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 pm

About the mouse, I use it only to aim with bow and arrows; and sometimes it jumps ...

The mouse sometimes has too much sensitivity and moves abruptly; or sometimes it goes slow, like with latency, and then it jumps abruptly.
With these mouse jumps, it is difficult to aim with bow and arrows ...

I'm not sure, it depends on the mouse that is, sometimes it's too sensitive or not so much. Some optical mouses are smooth, but too much sensitives. In the options of the mouse, in the game and in Windows, I tried to balance the sensitivity of the mouse. Or may be, the game slows down or accelerates depending on the performance of the computer.

May be, you could check the configuration of the mouse, in file ".../Scripts/Menu.py" and in the other files ...
Loose your ghosts, because they keep suspiciously your freedom.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Thanks MBK_MBK. :D

The machine is an Alienware Aurora. I've wanted such a machine for years. Also got a new keyboard and mouse.

The mouse is a special 'gaming' mouse and is good (it should be for what it cost :lol: ). FYI it's not the mouse causing
the problem - it does the same with another. I thought it may be a win 10 issue (been running win 7), but tried it on
another win 10 machine and it works fine.

I am going to try a few different settings.....

btw. Also got a 32" monitor. :P

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sun May 12, 2019 11:24 pm

The plot thickens......

Running in Full Screen mode I don't get the mouse glitch. A few crashes, but otherwise fine. :D

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”