Drakan Level Editor Essentials: Tutorials, Tools, Addons, Scripts and Guidelines

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
yangez93
Dragon

Drakan Level Editor Essentials: Tutorials, Tools, Addons, Scripts and Guidelines

Post by yangez93 »

Install Community Patch Current version: build 153.01 from this link: http://www.arokhslair.net/downloads/Com ... _Setup.exe
For creating multiplayer maps it is important to install the Community Patch because then that way we’ll be sure that all of players and map makers will have the same version of the Drakan game files.

Drakan Discord Channel community including: programmers, engineers, map makers and 3d artists : https://discord.gg/nCMrU4p

Tutorials for Drakan Level Editor

Tutorials by YanGez93:
Tutorial 1: Walkable map for Rynn Shoprat's tutorial pack Jages tutorials: Map Templates
3D Model Editing

Modding tools by BuXXe
Creating 3D models to Drakan and exporting from Drakan original models
Importing/exporting .rec and .reo files tools developed by BuXXe. Including: scripts for Blender, tutorial for making 3D model, texturing, porting models and characters to Drakan Level Editor, documentation, DB Reader for reading databases of Drakan
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4320
Modeler 2.57 - + 2048px support + unknown polygon create error fix
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12B9IN ... qsknEOzTHE

Guidelines for optimizing object models + test results by Mechanist:
Link to topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4335

yangez93
Dragon

Re: Drakan Level Editor Essentials: Tutorials, Tools, Addons, Scripts and Guidelines

Post by yangez93 »

MP Map Pack:

Download link: http://www.arokhslair.net/mplevels/MP_Map_Pack.zip

YanGez's maps:
de_aztec ported
de_dust2 ported
Frosthold Arena
Star Wars Arena
Vietnam Ruins

Jav95's maps:

Ice Hell

yangez93
Dragon

Re: Drakan Level Editor Essentials: Tutorials, Tools, Addons, Scripts and Guidelines

Post by yangez93 »

Reserved for future updates

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

Thank you so much for putting this together. It's so nice to have someone else who shared a rare interest of mine for so long.
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.

Dragonerli
Whelp

Post by Dragonerli »

yangez93 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:39 pm Drakan Level Editor Essentials: Tutorials, Tools, Addons, Scripts and Guidelines

Install Community Patch Current version: build 153.01 from this link: http://www.arokhslair.net/downloads/Com ... _Setup.exe
For creating multiplayer maps it is important to install the Community Patch because then that way we’ll be sure that all of players and map makers will have the same version of the Drakan game files.

Drakan Discord Channel community including: programmers, engineers, map makers and 3d artists : https://discord.gg/nCMrU4p

Tutorials for Drakan Level Editor

Tutorials by YanGez93:
Tutorial 1: Walkable map for Rynn Shoprat's tutorial pack Jages tutorials:
3D Model Editing

Modding tools by BuXXe
Creating 3D models to Drakan and exporting from Drakan original models
Importing/exporting .rec and .reo files tools developed by BuXXe. Including: scripts for Blender, tutorial for making 3D model, texturing, porting models and characters to Drakan Level Editor, documentation, DB Reader for reading databases of Drakan
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4320
Modeler 2.57 - + 2048px support + unknown polygon create error fix
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12B9IN ... qsknEOzTHE

Guidelines for optimizing object models + test results by Mechanist:
Link to topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4335

Could you please post in the link to the assets.

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Hello Dragonerli. What assets would you like? I would make section for custom and royalty-free Drakan assets, I mean : new medieval strucutres, new characters, new objects for future maps to Drakan? Of course I can put roytalty-free assests in this topic. For making such thing I would need permission of creators of course

Unless you want assets of Drakan, use DB Reader by BuXXe viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4320 you can export objects and even characters as .rec and .reo files and with BuXXes scripts to Blender you can import them :)

Dragonerli
Whelp

Post by Dragonerli »

yangez93 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:53 pm Hello Dragonerli. What assets would you like? I would make section for custom and royalty-free Drakan assets, I mean : new medieval strucutres, new characters, new objects for future maps to Drakan? Of course I can put roytalty-free assests in this topic. For making such thing I would need permission of creators of course

Unless you want assets of Drakan, use DB Reader by BuXXe viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4320 you can export objects and even characters as .rec and .reo files and with BuXXes scripts to Blender you can import them :)
Thank you. You are great. Keep up the good work. But I would like assets from your game demo If possible. Royalty-free. Mainly the ones used for clifs(mountain and volcano) and caves and grass and medieval buildings. I would be extremely thankful if you included also the other ones you used in your amazing game. Also in the forum you said you had a hard time coding. The unity 3d game kit has ready scripts which are perfect for this game.(npc character attack, attack range etc.) Glad if I helped.

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

Thank you Dragonerli. Because topic is about Drakan Level Editor, if you want some help with it I can help you as I have some experience in map making to Drakan. So he is my question, what is your purpose? I mean you want these assets to make new game, make maps or just for test? For this topic I can only make section for .rec , .reo , Drakan database fie .db for new maps :)

Dragonerli
Whelp

Post by Dragonerli »

yangez93 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 am Thank you Dragonerli. Because topic is about Drakan Level Editor, if you want some help with it I can help you as I have some experience in map making to Drakan. So he is my question, what is your purpose? I mean you want these assets to make new game, make maps or just for test? For this topic I can only make section for .rec , .reo , Drakan database fie .db for new maps :)
Okay. The assets are for a landscape for a game I will like to make. It will be an action adventure game where the main character (female ) defeats monsters and saves the world from distraction. It is similar to Drakan but has very different monsters. I am trying to find a main character similar to Rynn and a dragon like arokh but I have been struggling to find them. So the assets are for this game. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. If you want you can send them to me by mail (drizarie@gmail.com).

yangez93
Dragon

Post by yangez93 »

As you may know, I initiated a project called Map pack, after lack of updates for well-known fan made patches (CP or AiO) it has to make some changes for Drakan Community. As Im not experienced as developers (Mechanist, UCyborg or BuXXe) I won't make any changes for fixing bugs in Drakan, however I don't think it is necessary since many of bugs are already removed and CP do the job with making Drakan playable in MP. This map pack will contain all maps that users were introduced on different ways(Discord, private message, or Arokh's Lair forums) that are classified as playable for MP, they'll of course contain bugs/glitches or other problems. Reason is of course some of maps were created for first time for some of users or some of maps are made in different way than usual Drakan maps and are made for fun. As some maps are beta version, for example Star Wars Arena map, but I think it is still playable for MP as it contain quite big space for MP battles. So there are reasons why maps could be unfinished, especially when there aren't many map makers on recent days.

The Map Pack you'll find on the first post of this topic and Download section on Arokh's Lair main webpage