Arokh Model Update, sort of

Anything to do with Drakan level editing and modifications, post it here! Also this is the place to tell us about your new levels and get player feedback.
Andri
Hatchling

Arokh Model Update, sort of

Post by Andri »

I created an 'updated' Arokh model. The intent was to make the model look less low-resolution.

Model shown below, Original, then Higher polygon.

Original:
ArokhLow.jpg
ArokhLow.jpg (54.1 KiB) Viewed 6179 times

Updated:
ArokhHigh.jpg
ArokhHigh.jpg (61.92 KiB) Viewed 6179 times

------------------------

I was not entirely able to do what I had hoped. The animations on the joints and neck are specific to the lower polygon model, and work poorly when adding new edge loops between the originals. To do this correctly, one would have to re-do the animations. So, the update does not change *that* much, heh... Oh well.

------------------------

UPDATED v3: Fixed vertex "overweighting" that caused strange hops on some points between animations.
The Drynn version includes fixes, too, listed on it's forum thread.
This update does *not* break saves created from the previous version, fortunately, since it does not alter database references.
Saves will still be broken if this is installed for the first time.

Updated model here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kvqfshd5 ... 3.zip/file

NOTE: This is slightly different than the one in discord. A few mistakes fixed.
NOTE 2: This requires the "AIO" patch (specifically made on 2.17). The textures are 32bit 888, which will crash the original, unpatched game.
NOTE 3: Unfortunately, all "mods" to the database files invalidate save games.. by repacing the files, you will have to start a new game.

To use, just replace the files in ./Common/System/ with the ones in the zip file. Back up the originals first.

------------------------

This is one with the the "Drynn" model and armors also included. See this post [ viewtopic.php?t=4512 ] for what that is:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ag0iawzl ... n.zip/file

Same notes as above

------------------------

ArokhHigh-Tex.jpg
ArokhHigh-Tex.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 6178 times

Andri
Hatchling

Re: Arokh Model Update, sort of

Post by Andri »

Updated to fix mistakes. See top post.